• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

October 21st Update Changelog

SkinZ187

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 16, 2011
I don't recall that many shooters giving an option. I personally always hated non-toggle. Don't get how people can aim with one button pressed.
every shooter i have played i have been able to hold right mouse button to aim down sights without it being a toggle, which is why i just cant get used to the toggle way, nor do i want to get use to toggle.

i dont mean this in a rude way, but just because you dont get how people can aim with one button pressed, doesnt mean the same for others. im sure if this game didnt have the option to be a toggle, and was press to hold only, you would be frustrated also.

i am using the "fix" that can be edited in the ini file, but it is buggy and results in alot of deaths and frustration.

wooki

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 22, 2011
hhgallery.blogspot.com
I've gotten used to toggle just in RO2 :p
Had the soundloss on mapchange bug for the first time after patch.
Odd. But guess it's my time to get problems now after being so uppity and happy about the state of the game since release :D

melipone

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 22, 2006
Why have the "unranked" area on the server browser? Won't most people just search in one area or the other but probably not both? I think it would be good to have one server list so the community isn't as split up. The number of players isn't huge so I think it would be better to have them all together, but with a simple filter that people can use if they want to, like the other filters we have for game type or Friendly Fire etc. People will probably put "Unranked" in the server name anyway

Otherwise I hope unranked servers take off eventually once people realise they work now and can limit levels and weapon unlocks

Reactions: =GG= Mr Moe

nebsif

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 12, 2011
So for a true realism and not Tripwires "version" of realism a server would need to be set to custom, not realism and would also be un-ranked.:(

On the plus side the SDK is getting some work done.
..and there is no way to disable MP40/II w/o disabling PPSH drums. this doesnt help much for non competetive play if at all.
Why is a RO1 RANKED mode too much to ask for? Oh yes cuz the game is meant to be played with MKBs, MP40/II's and dual drum MG-34's.

Last edited:

melipone

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 22, 2006
..and there is no way to disable MP40/II w/o disabling PPSH drums. this doesnt help much for non competetive play if at all.
Why is a RO1 RANKED mode too much to ask for? Oh yes cuz the game is meant to be played with MKBs, MP40/II's and dual drum MG-34's.
That would be cool, a predefined unlock set for ranked mode with realism based unlocks. Bayonets, Drum mag etc but not the unrealistic stuff. Would be good if you could still get levels, xp and achievements but it would simply be limited based on the server options (so you still get levels and XP even if you went over the limit set, you just wouldn't get the bonus unless you went on a server with the levels unrestricted). This would help keep the servers populated and not split the community as much. Rather than having a whole separate game mode in a separate game browser

Last edited:
Reactions: Tomten

Clowndoe

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 10, 2011
Canada
Awesome, that was the big thing I was waiting for, being able to limit weapons and unlocks. Now to find a server which suits my liking!

Snuffeldjuret

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 6, 2010
Goteborg, Sweden
A great start =). Looking forward to even more competitive features and fixes for the future!

I for one would love to get my hold for crouch btw.

Also, in countdown when you swap sides, the "join as spectator" dude get the "swap side image" stuck on the screen still =(.

vergi

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 22, 2011
Great stuff!

I've got to ask out of curiosity, how's it going with the performance fixes?

Everything else seems to be ok, but the only thing thats a problem for me is still the horrible performance :/

(No flame war from this plz)

Sgt Jigglebelly

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 15, 2009
forget about the training achievements? :p

in all seriousness tho, very cool, hopefully some youtube channels pop up with some casting teams on them - krebs is doing very cool stuff

Shadow789

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 30, 2011
Why are you adding clan support when the pings are 200-500? This is what is killing the game! Make the game playable then start adding features.

Reactions: Rrralphster

angeless

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 21, 2011
nice to see the game geting updated but i dont understand why we have to have a server unraked to get the same level of realism we had in RO1.:confused:

Reactions: Grobut and blkmgc

Rumpullpus

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 31, 2011
Agreed. I can't even select unranked servers from the server browser or else all the servers disappear.
ya server browser is pritty f'ed up at the monment, works at first but if u refresh it it start losing servers until you dont see any of them.

FYI cant even find a populated UNRANKED server....

Last edited: