• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

O please, dear God, save me

sander

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 24, 2006
The Netherlands
O god.....

Today I was playing RO, Barashka (almost no custum maps this time, most stalingradkessel). As always was I in my trusty StuG. Some kid came in and took the commanderpostition. Normally this would make the game more fun (noting beats teamtanking). But it begun already bad. He was shooting everytime he reloaded, just for..? He shot down zero tanks, not even a hit. When I asked:"is this your first day?" He said:"yes". O boy.
Ofcourse we were shot down very fast.

When I managed to get in a new StuG at the comm. position we drove away, 2 guys running after us, hoping to get in. I hit some T34's and I was thinking, maybe they aren't so bad after all...I was thinking...

Then some guys said:"This game suxxx, BF1942 is much more realistic, you even get an crosshair" and "don't get into my tank u noob" etc you know the point.
I was thinking...

New game (all the games last only for a couple of minutes, everybody rushes to cap objects) I was going in a StuG (comm pos) and was looking outside. Three kiddo's were shooting at me while standing next to the tank to get the gunner position. I quit the game.

Is this our future?

I played Basovka yesterday for a while on the FK#1 server and had a blast. Lot of new guys there, including the one ROPlayer (lol). I was on the Russian side and it takes a lot of teamwork to defend and win that map as Soviets.

The Sqaud Leader as far as I can tell was new, he barely called down arty and when he did it didn't do anything, but it was ok. I had a lot of fun, the best defense we had was the last objective the actual station. 5 or 6 of us were on the top floor shooting down German after German trying to rush at us.

After a while the commander on their team figured out he can toss smoke. This is what did it. You can tell who is knew and who isn't but no one acted idiotic. There were several funny moments in the trenches and the station. Where a guy would fire off a shot at me with his bolt and miss. I would then charge him with my bayo. I never seen so many people run away in the face of a bayonet, I had to laugh.

This would happen time after time, I guess they are not use to seeing a guy charge after them with a bayo. I guess they panicked or something. Usually it would be 1 guy, but at time there wer2 or 3 guys and I would run in their midst stabing at them. Usually downing all of them or one or two.

Welcome aboard newbies!

Upvote 0
Our servers were both full last night from about 18:30 BST. I have to admit to a mighty cheer going up over TS when we got the first "where's the crosshair" question on the screen.

It was also good to see so many new players standing looking at the satchel charges next to the North Yard Wall on Stalingrad. Well....temporarily looking at them lol....

HPB.

Upvote 0
Dead simple, if peeps shoot each other and act like asses in the spawn areas (blowing up own vehicles and grenading each other) then kick 'em and if necessary ban them.
If peeps just keep spamming "this game is l4me, insert space here is better" then POLITELY request that they behave and stop spamming or leave. If they refuse then kick them.
If peeps are trying to get to grips with the game but are having problems and asking questions...then HELP them out. Remember there is no stupid question when you're new and some guys have just dloaded the game and want to get on with it. They may have tried the single player mode for a few seconds but rapidly got bored with the braindead bots.
Acting smug and superior and not helping n00bs, just using them for target practice may give you a short term buzz but in a few weeks when you drive round your empty server.......who has won?.

1 For the trial period you need more positive admin action. And possibly more Admins LOL
2 For the trial period players need to be more helpful.
3 Befriend a n00b today :D

Upvote 0
Arete said:
I wouldn't worry, the tards will leave once the week is over, and hopefully those who are out to check out the game with a real interest won't be put off by the occasion tards in the free weekend. To those on the trial: Don't judge the teamwork by how it it is in the trial week :)

In the mean time, keep playing, help the Newbies as much as possible and try and ignore the N00bs as much as possible. At the end of the week we'll hopefully have lots of new players.

Upvote 0
you always just get the odd tard who because he hasnt killed anything in the last second or cant get a grasp of the game, throws there toys out and goes on a silly rampage spoiling it for everyone. Hopefully these people will hate the game and never buy it (because its not COD2).

I say hang in there people, get through the weekend, hopefully some sensible people will stick around and they will be more than welcome.

Upvote 0