• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Nvidia Flex crashing the game?

Boltte

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 5, 2014
Perth, WA
Hi, I don't think anyone has this problem(yes I used the search function for "Nvidia flex crashes" and no relative results to my issue), but for me, only on my laptop, my tower is fine, the last time I enabled gibs and fluid, when I join a game and then someone or I shoot a zed, the game just flat out crashes to desktop. I think I've sent quite a few bug reports on that but I am not sure if it's been look into or in the process of working out. And no I don't believe this has never happened before, and yes I should just forget about this and only play KF2 on my tower, but I use my laptop for a reason....like coming over a friends house for a lan party; do you think I should grab my complete tower system(32" monitor, keyboard, mouse, 24" monitor and a computer that feels like it weighs half my weight!) or just my laptop, charger and mouse? Unless I am a body builder and or feel like carrying heavy and or bulky things around where ever I go, sure! But I ain't! hahahaha!

EDIT: Wait no, Nvidia Flex only works on desktop cards and not mobile versions of the desktop cards? Is that why it crashes for me when I have it enabled...?

Last edited:
Reactions: therealzein
Boltte;n2284659 said:
Ok, how do I post a crash log? Does it get saved somewhere or does the log just appear on screen and I am suppose to either take a screenshot of it or copy the text and paste it here?

I... actually can't remember where it appears... My game was only crashing because of the broken driver for the nvidia gpu.
IDK it either appears on bugsplat or in My docs/my games/killingfloor2/KFgame/logs and the very bottom row of txt files.

Upvote 0
s5yn3t;n2284660 said:
I... actually can't remember where it appears... My game was only crashing because of the broken driver for the nvidia gpu.
IDK it either appears on bugsplat or in My docs/my games/killingfloor2/KFgame/logs and the very bottom row of txt files.

Alright, got a laptop? Mine specifically(or at the P35X V3 series at least) preferably so the issue can be replicated easily from your end, run the game go to options, flick on flex to both gore and fluids, let it restart, then join a random game or even start a solo match, wait for it to crash upon hitting a zed and see what happens.....is the log saved somewhere, or show on the screen? Or.....what?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
s5yn3t;n2284672 said:
Nah my gpu is not compatible with flex so i can't test anything out for you :p

Oh well what are you running then?

s5yn3t;n2284672 said:
And crash log i think should save in the folder i've mentioned, you can delete existing logs and crash your game so it would create a fresh one for you to easily find.
Alright cheers, I'll go get that crash log for you to read then! ☺

Upvote 0
s5yn3t;n2284679 said:
i'm running on gt 730 and soon will "upgrade" to gtx 650 ^^

Oh, a tower/desktop rather than a laptop unit? Interesting...

Hmmm, you reminded me of myself back when I was poor as **** and had zero bank to get myself a killer gaming rig! :p Ahhh those were the days....yes playing games on integrated GPUs(yes 10 frames a second! :p) - had that for a few years.....even the more demanding games on a 7600GS(we later got back in 2006 or 07 whenever it was....), which later died so I *upgraded* to a 9400GT......which practically had similar performance as the 7600GS in some games and some even worse, but some *slightly* better....like one or two frames higher...lol

Hmmm, well you're going back a generation which is supposedly bad, but I suppose if it beats the GT 730 in all games you intend to use it with, good for you.....I went up two generations.......and it didn't really beat the 7600GS in any games but maybe a couple, and even then it was like only one or two frames per second better as mentioned above.....hahaha :p

Hmmm, I actually have a GTX 650Ti which is a better performing version of the 650 that I could sell to you for a price..........hee hee hee..... :p How much you paying for your 650 anyways? Actually what are your PC specs, I'm now curious....? hahaha

Ok anyways, I'll post my crash log if any on my next reply.....

Upvote 0
Actually my friend is sending me his used 650 oc and a psu to replace my 9y old unit as a gift :p.
this thing is a total dino these days gone from pentium dual e2220 and a nvidia geforce g100 to core 2 duo e8500 and gt 730 (soon to be gtx 650)
and also a new cooler that runs at 100% because mobo has no fan control for cpu fan xD.
everything else is still the same as it was 9 years ago, still same badass hdd that works great, same ddr2 ram, same psu and mobo and card reader with dvd drive that works but doesnt read **** because of a dirty lens i guess xD.

Upvote 0
s5yn3t;n2284689 said:
Actually my friend is sending me his used 650 oc and a psu to replace my 9y old unit as a gift :p.
Oh in that case nevermind then...hahahaha
s5yn3t;n2284689 said:
this thing is a total dino these days gone from pentium dual e2220 and a nvidia geforce g100 to core 2 duo e8500 and gt 730 (soon to be gtx 650)
and also a new cooler that runs at 100% because mobo has no fan control for cpu fan xD.
everything else is still the same as it was 9 years ago, still same badass hdd that works great, same ddr2 ram, same psu and mobo and card reader with dvd drive that works but doesnt read **** because of a dirty lens i guess xD.

Hahahahaah GG! :p Well at least your Core 2 Duo E8500 beats my E6300....hahaha and my 9400GT! Which actually has been upgraded since then too - I think it's now an AMD HD 7750 or something.....equivalent to a GTS 250 of nvidia's offerings in terms of overal performance.....oh that's right, there's a lot of history going on with this PC....he had a GTS 250 at one point......upgraded from HDD to SSD.....installed a FDD to it.....what else have I done to it? hahaha

But yeah, now it's just mainly a family computer which my family uses and I have my own computer to play games on, like this laptop and my very own built tower PC! :D

Actually at one point I was running KF2 off integrated! lol lovely 10fps if I must say so myself! :p Some animations are like broken too when running integrated, so you sorta do need a dedicated graphics card to run KF2 off or else you will face static T-pose like zeds that just bounces from side to side whilst getting closer somehow! Hahahaha Man, a friend of mine made me play through it too! Aaaoooohhh god the agonizing pain, couple with sub 20 fps!

Ok so I just tested the game just then and lo and behold - it looks like they've finally fixed the crashing issue I had! Albeit with some drawbacks........that's right.....they introduced micro-stutter (now I remember why I don't play KF2 as much often anymore...hahahaha My tower has no issue with this, but that is currently out of commission anyways so I can't switch to it just to play some smooth sailing KF2! :p)with this so now I can no longer play in eye candy ultra settings and must reduce everything down to Low preset to get rid of the significant stutter.....it's still present even on Low, but at least it's more playable than Ultra! :(

Here's an example of me attempting to play this game on Ultra whilst taking in all that micro-stutter issue; I actually took this just recently, here's a youtube video of it that I uploaded: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJv_yIWRlms ...enjoy......heeheeheee This was also back when I didn't know or the Flex issue never came to my head so I never really tried to turn it on again since the last few crashes....hahaha

Upvote 0
fwfdf1reman;n2284691 said:
I am running a very powerful gaming desktop, trust me, it laughs at KF2. I could always run FLEX full with no issues. Than, an update or two ago, that all changed. I can set FLEX to full but start having issues up to and including the game crashing. Turn FLEX down just Gibs, fewer issues. Turn it off............. NO issues.

Specs please so I can confirm myself this is said *powerful gaming desktop*? :p

I had this problem too, but only existed on my laptop, my tower was completely free of any flex related crashes! So turning it off seems to have fixed the issue for....until now - it would appear they've now fixed the issue with the latest drivers...BUT I get micro-stutter............which is bad......actually worse than a crash.....I prefer to have flex off so I don't crash than have flex on(or even off, doesn't really matter as the issue is still present regardless) and have micro-stutter whilst playing.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OK............
Running a water cooled Intel Core i7-6700,@4.00 GHz on an MSI Z170A M9 board. 16GBs of Hyperex DDR4 2800Mhz. X2 Geforce GTX 6GB 980Tis in sLI (although I don't run my games in sLI, only when doing my video work.) Windows 10 64 bit on a 256GB Samsung 850 EVO Series SSD. All games loaded on a 1T Samsung 850 Pro SSD. Storage on other large Hybrid drives.

Upvote 0
fwfdf1reman;n2284744 said:
OK............
Running a water cooled Intel Core i7-6700,@4.00 GHz on an MSI Z170A M9 board. 16GBs of Hyperex DDR4 2800Mhz. X2 Geforce GTX 6GB 980Tis in sLI (although I don't run my games in sLI, only when doing my video work.) Windows 10 64 bit on a 256GB Samsung 850 EVO Series SSD. All games loaded on a 1T Samsung 850 Pro SSD. Storage on other large Hybrid drives.

Oooooooooohhh........basically a newer generation of my tower PC specs.....and I'm guessing it was cost efficient too, no? Mine costed a fortune to finally assemble and by the time I assembled it completely, most of the parts were outdated or and outclassed in every single way....... :confused: How much did this cost ya out of curiosity? :p:p

Upvote 0
I have the same issues. I randomly crash in game with Nvidia Flex option with anything but off.

I am running i7, 1080, 32gb RAM. My GPU Driver is 378.49(just came out today)

Everyone please post their GPU Drivers, I was told that it might be a driver issue and to try different drivers.

I keep finding that when I try to recreate this issue, it happens when I blow up crawlers, dont know if that will help. Also the game completely freezes and does not allow for a crash dump, at least the window for it does not pop up.

Hopefully we can figure this out!

Upvote 0