• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC NVIDIA Flex crashes game

FIERO

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 10, 2020
Title really says everything, game crashes when flex is enabled. Second any enemy is killed game crashes and produces those logs, the splater bug come out empty.

Let me attach the logs and dmp files.
My specs are:
AMD r7 2700x
32gb 3200mhz ram
Nvidia rtx 2060

Verify your files through Steam. Last time I checked, FLEX was working, and when I say working I mean no crash, but anyway even with high end hardware you can't play with FLEX as it has very very horrible performance once you enable the Fluids option (just Gibs kinda works without the horrible performance, it is just bad performance (NVIDIA AND/OR Tripwire, they both threw the ball to each others when people noted the huge performance issues so to this day if you ask here they tell you to report the issue to NVIDIA, and if you ask at NVIDIA they say it is problem from the dev, which I'm more inclined to believe to be honest).

Upvote 0
I also am having this issue with the latest version of the game. As soon as I kill a few zeds the game crashes to desktop with the lovely bug splat. Flex gibs and fluids used to work just fine for me on the same system as recently as August with acceptable performance. I'm unsure if an Nvidia driver update broke something, a Windows update, or the last game update. I have already tried verifying my files on Steam.

Running an i5 [email protected] and a GTX 1070.

The error seems to be this bit:

[0714.07] DevFlex: Flex: CUDA error: 77. at ../../../flex.cu:5375

[0716.28] Log: === Critical error: ===
Fatal error!

Address = 0xc262d1d8 (filename not found) [in C:\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor2\Binaries\Win64\flexExtRelease_x64.dll]
Address = 0xc262e6e0 (filename not found) [in C:\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor2\Binaries\Win64\flexExtRelease_x64.dll]
Address = 0xc262bb13 (filename not found) [in C:\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor2\Binaries\Win64\flexExtRelease_x64.dll]
Address = 0xe13721bb (filename not found) [in C:\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor2\Binaries\Win64\KFGame.exe]
Address = 0xe136ebb9 (filename not found) [in C:\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor2\Binaries\Win64\KFGame.exe]
Address = 0xe19ec96a (filename not found) [in C:\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor2\Binaries\Win64\KFGame.exe]
Address = 0xe19ecfe8 (filename not found) [in C:\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor2\Binaries\Win64\KFGame.exe]
Address = 0xe173232e (filename not found) [in C:\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor2\Binaries\Win64\KFGame.exe]
Address = 0xe1c7dcd1 (filename not found) [in C:\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor2\Binaries\Win64\KFGame.exe]
Address = 0xe1edc37c (filename not found) [in C:\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor2\Binaries\Win64\KFGame.exe]
Address = 0xe1ed69d0 (filename not found) [in C:\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor2\Binaries\Win64\KFGame.exe]
Address = 0xe1ed6a1a (filename not found) [in C:\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor2\Binaries\Win64\KFGame.exe]
Address = 0xe1ede520 (filename not found) [in C:\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor2\Binaries\Win64\KFGame.exe]
Address = 0xe253783f (filename not found) [in C:\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor2\Binaries\Win64\KFGame.exe]
Address = 0xce727034 (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNEL32.DLL]
Address = 0xceadcec1 (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]
Address = 0xceadcec1 (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]

[0716.28] Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
[0716.28] Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
[0716.30] Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
[0716.30] Exit: UXAudio2Device::ShutdownAfterError
[0716.46] Exit: UAkAudioDevice::ShutdownAfterError
[0716.49] Log: appRequestExit(1)

Upvote 0