• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

nVidia 3D Vision anyone ?

OK I got my 3D 120Hz monitor with 3D Vision glasses.
My first impression: amazing for 3D movies, but not that amazing right now for RO2. It looks nice in 3D, but there are some issues that spoil the stereographic fun.

Issues are indeed (like already stated):
- shadows only rendered for 1 eye, makes them pretty annoying
- ghosting here and there makes it hard to spot enemy's long range
- lighting issues here and there make small pieces of object lit up bright while rest is not (maybe this goes away when shadows can be disabled)

So in my opinion it needs some tweaking at least.

Does anyone know how to disable (dynamic) shadows 100% (probably in the .ini files) ??

Ghosting shouldn't appear.
From what I know, you can downgrade the Hz, depends on how bright your room is.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Upvote 0
OK small update from my front: the game is pretty well playable in 3D when you disable:

- the huds on your screen (through options menu ingame)
- dynamic shadows (ROengine.ini file)
- dynamic lighting (ROengine.ini file)

What I still don't like is the 'nickname hovertext' above every friendly player. Those names get as close as the huds (like right before your eyes) and spoil the 3D immersion a bit. If anyone knows how to disable that, would be nice to know. It would actually add to the immersion and realism, since you wouldn't be able to distinguish friend/enemy by the text above their heads...

One may think playing RO2 in 3D would make the game easier to play, but I experienced the opposite (which I like actually). Dust and smoke effects are more 'in your face' and make it harder to shoot someone behind it or running through it.

Upvote 0
Out of curiosity, is the left eye over the gun sights like the right, or is it offset to the left, giving you slightly better peripheral vision. I'm talking about IS of course.

The sight of your gun is as it should be, I can shoot accuratly in 3D in both positions (hipshoot or iron sight). Especially with the MG, you also have a 3D effect/depth of your gun, like you see the aiming plate (with the small notch) closer to your eyes than the aiming pin at the end of your gun barrel.

Upvote 0