• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

November 2nd Update Changelist

[TW]Ramm-Jaeger

Tripwire Interactive President
Oct 11, 2005
www.redorchestragame.com
We're releasing an update later today and below is the list of changes and fixes:

-Initial implementation of demorecording to support clan play and server admins
-Fixed a server crash in garbage collection that would sometimes happen when changing maps
-Fixed main menu movie corruption (random green squares) when going to/from fullscreen when the startup movies are playing
-Fixed dynamic shadows for fixed MG's not being visible when deployed
-Fixed "double ironsights" issue
-Fixed exploit where players could hide window curtains, etc. by changing their world texture group lod bias
-Fixed bullet decals being completely black in low texture settings
-Fixed black scope textures on Panzer IV
-Fixed interaction icon showing during transitions to a seat inside a tank
-Fixed object and object material popping when you start or stop sprinting
-Added showing the name of the player you are spectating on the hud

Notes on Demo Recording:

First pass implementation of demorecording. This should be considered an "Alpha" implementation, as only certain functionality is hooked up. This early implementation has been created to help support clan play and help server admins finding/catching cheaters. Here is what works/doesn't:

What works:
- Basic server side demo recording: you can record a demo on a server which can be played back on a client. This demo essentially records the net traffic for the gameplay that is sent by the server and then plays it back on the clients. So when the demo is played back on a client you essentially get the same views you would have as if you were spectating a match in real time.
- Third and first person player spectating as well as viewpoint and free roam spectating
- An added "Aiming Info" toggle which will show where the spectated player is looking, and where they are aiming (which with free-aim can be two different places)
- Most sounds play
- Added displaying the specated player's name on the hud. Works with demo recording and standard spectating

What doesn't work or isn't implemented
- Rewinding
- Showing the first person weapon
- Some sounds will not playback in the demo (battlechatter)
- Have not tested with vehicles
- Client side recording
- Have not tested what the maximum length of a demo can be
- Older demos may not work properly with newer builds of the game
- Pretty much anything else

How to use it
- On the server through webadmin or through admin console commands use the command "demorec <filename>" to start recording the demo
- When you are done recording the demo through webadmin or through admin console commands use the command "demostop" to stop recording the demo
- In the ROGame\Demos folder you will find your demo files. Copy the demo file(s) to the same location on a client machine
- Start up Red Orchetra 2. At the console type "demoplay <filename>" to view the demo

Edit: It looks like we've found an issue in our final testing for this update, so we're going to have to push the update back. We'll let you know when it is ready again.

Ramm~ This is your priority list for all the much needed fixes that need to be addressed? Give me a break...what a joke this is turning out to be.

I have to agree, TWI seems to put awful lot of work into things public and clan players think as low priority issues.

Reading the forum all the time, still they didn't catch the drift?

No wonder adding unnecessarily big texture size to small unimportant things giving us bad performance,

Cutting money on sound design, making smg sound a joke, overall battlefiled sound is kind of a joke in terms of volume and quality and there's almost no bullet hissing sound to mention, just listen to how bf3 sound design works...ro1 was better than this. (compared to crysis 2, bf3; though they are major companies with huge financier but xaudio that breaks sound if I turn up a volume more than default? come on)

I don't want to be like this, but look what you are doing, doing this and expect gamers not to get angry..

Nobody expect you to fix things in perfect order but this really isn't it.

Xaudio/ sound design, not only it sound very weak and poor, they are one of the major causes of performance drop, you already know this, don't you?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Seems like a more simple patch which is cool and I am glad you guys are updating the game so I would like to post a few things I found.

-Alt Tab crash as it's unfortunately still there. (bug)

-1st Click not fire is also there though not as often but it still lingers. (bug)

-Very rarely the sound will cut off again when changing maps is done so it still lingers. (bug)

-MKB sound clip could use a different sound as it distorts sound and lags the server. (alot of players personal prefrence)

-Making tanks not use Artificial Intelligence for MG. (alot of players personal prefrence)

-Being fully invinsible to melee attacks when prone. (bug)

-Make stat bonus % feel like they are working. (I feel the stamina and ammo distribution but not others as much at high levels/personal prefrence)

-Implement cool and more noticable Hero models. (for cosmetics and maybe a 3rd person avatar option in profile for the class/personal prefrence)

-Alot of time when rushing with melee and getting shot the enemy would really run at you at skipping ghost like speed as if hes speedhacking. I remember somebody told me Germans tend to have more adrenaline when being shot and running at you to melee but the speed sometimes is extremely fast. (could be a bug)

-At 80 Honor you get Highly Decorated but you get Hero status but Enemy Weapon Loadout is not unlocked. i.e. Russian Assault Hero should have AVT 40, PPSh and if I understand EWL should also have MP40 and MKB on the weapon selection right? (could be a bug)

-Figure out a way to reel in more people (everyone could benefit from it)

Keep it up guys.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have to agree, TWI seems to put awful lot of work into things public and clan players think as low priority issues.

I could not agree more!...

The only important fix is the double ironsight bug.

Who cares about bullet decals when we still do not have 3D sound and online campaign?

Who cares about recording when still we don't have a working SDK ?

When will we see some important fixes to gameplay, to avoid the players being able to sprint like mad, make mad turns without inertia, stop instantly and, in a millisecond, aim and shoot?

When will we see some bigger maps that allow different gameplay than the run-and-shoot mode?

Maraz

Upvote 0
Ramm~ This is your priority list for all the much needed fixes that need to be addressed? Give me a break...what a joke this is turning out to be.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. When they patch, its not so much about priority. They are well aware of the issues players have been experiencing and each of them have to be addressed one by one. When it comes time to patching, it means they have a break through on X issues and they feel there are enough to consider implementing a patch.

If they've found a fix for a bug, they'll patch it. If they are still working on something, it will not be included in the patch. And with every bug, if they knew what the issue was, it would be fixed and patched. When a fix isn't included, it simply means they have not found a fix for it.

Its common sense if you think about it. So stop thinking they are ignoring other issues they are still working on. Again, if they knew what the problem was, it would already be fixed. Since they haven't found the cause of the Bug, they cannot fix it yet.

Upvote 0
These are pretty small fixes, so it's likely that they spotted it while they were implementing the more important stuff and said, "Yep, patch it through and we'll keep going."

It's like when I develop software: sometimes I go into the code to specifically solve a problem re. SQL pulling the wrong table or something, and I see a typo and fix it. It doesn't mean I prioritised the typo, it just means I found and fixed it.

Reactions: Clowndoe
Upvote 0