• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Noticed a 40 Player Server

I played a few rounds and it was awesome!

Maps like Odessa and Danzig didn't feel too crowded at all, the extra 4 players per side really helped the 'feel' of the game IMHO. If being crowded in Odessa means I'm not attacking/defending Group Headquarters on my own and actually have a teammate or two with me then God, add even more players!

Arad was pretty bad however. Aside from the fact that Arad is a bad map any way the small number of tanks and small number of engineer/anti-tank slots really cripple it with 40 players.

Too bad the server doesn't play Berezina...HINT HINT.

Upvote 0
I played on it and, despite 100-150 ping, it was not too sluggish with 40 playing Da Kessel.

In fact, it actually added a whole new dimension to it - at one point there were 3-4 sovs organising their own little mini-offensive from the ammo spawn to the North Railyard whilst the major battle raged on as usual in the warehouse/ assembly hall.

Like fat partisan said, they clearly have the hardware ('Zheleza' or iron) to do it. So why the hell not?

Upvote 0