• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Not using Mic - what am I missing?

SpurryMoses

Grizzled Veteran
May 27, 2009
Sydney, Australia
I have never used a microphone in KF.

So I'm wondering, is there anything in the game to indicate that other's are using the mic? Could I have been playing with people who were trying to say something but I had no idea they were using a mic? ie what should I look out for?

Although it sounds really convenient for those times when you can't type, I'm a bit suss that it might ruin the game in some cases anyway.

When people say things, you hear them.

As in unless you messed around with your settings then you hear player voices by default.

Although it had to be said the mic quality on this game isn't very good which might be why people dont use it so much (I know I don't use my mic on most games, however I put it on if someone else does).

Upvote 0
when someone speaks you see their character portrait appear on the left hand side of the screen and hear their voice.

you dont need a mic to hear other people, and it is enabled by default (wel, it was for me). Speaking is alot quicker then typing, especially if you got 2 fp a scrake 3 crawlers a siren and 2 stalkers hot on your tail ;)

Upvote 0
I've heard alot of gripes about the ingame Voips but it does the job for me, Yes it isn't as good as TS2 or Venti but does help when playing the game with randoms and is IMO one of the better ingame Voips on the market

Its fine when configured. By default both server and client are set to use low quality. Set it to high and its on par with teamspeak and the like.

Upvote 0