• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

not full magzines

Nah.. magazines picked up in the heat of battle may or may not be full, that is already in the game. Salvaged ammo and magazines was probably be reloaded between battles, so unless you really want to add that last magazine that doesn't get filled it's not even that realistic. A soldier knows he has, say four full mags and one half empty, and would probably remember where he keeps the half empty one. Gameplaywise, it would be annoying to pop in a mag only to find out it's almost empty, because you can't control which one you grab.

Upvote 0
Nah.. magazines picked up in the heat of battle may or may not be full, that is already in the game. Salvaged ammo and magazines was probably be reloaded between battles, so unless you really want to add that last magazine that doesn't get filled it's not even that realistic. A soldier knows he has, say four full mags and one half empty, and would probably remember where he keeps the half empty one. Gameplaywise, it would be annoying to pop in a mag only to find out it's almost empty, because you can't control which one you grab.

I more meant that (especially in stalingrad or other long term conflicts) not everyone would have 2 grenades, there main weapon, and a set number of magazines and maybe wouldn't have enough time to refill mags or they were recently picked up.

Reactions: barakas
Upvote 0
semi-off topic...

I prefer no ammo sites on map.
Players only have the ammo allotement at start of game, or scrounge during the game.
Its just far to easy for players to run over an ammo site to get quick ammo on a seconds notice. Ammo is giving to you at start of a game, and not the middle of one ( especially, if games are only 15 minutes long at most ).

Joe

Last edited:
Upvote 0
it's not realistic. at all. stop thinking that making the conditions dreadfully desperate for soldiers is a representation of reality.

sorry i wasn't aware soldiers ALWAYS had 2 grenades and 3 magazines for there smg even during a prolonged conflict in a ruined city being cut off from supply depots for weeks at a time. thank you for informing me of that.

Upvote 0
Been ages since my last post but anywayz....

I would like to suggest to have the option to refill your magazines.
Empty an almost empty magazine and put the the bullets in a "heavier" but used one.
During the fight that is.

P.S.
People who don't like nadespammage shouldn't ask for realistic loadouts.
Atleast the Russian units had bags filled with nades, to the brim. That is like having 10 handgrenades at the start of a round.
I wouldn't mind though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
sorry i wasn't aware soldiers ALWAYS had 2 grenades and 3 magazines for there smg even during a prolonged conflict in a ruined city being cut off from supply depots for weeks at a time. thank you for informing me of that.

I think that should be op to the mapper to decide and not randomized for each soldier. As other comments mentioned, the ammo was evened out before battle.

Upvote 0
I don't see topping off a magazine being one of my top priority when in a battle.

I would much rather have an easy way to give/revive an mag from someone. Kinda like how the mg is resupplied in OST now. Another good option would be if you hold your reload button you throw away a mag instead of putting it back in our inventory. The whole reason I am reloading is so i'm not low on ammo, why would i want it to running into that situation later. :p

Upvote 0
I have experience in reloading a PPSH during a "battle" (Reenactment). I had 3 stick mags, I had used one so switched to the second one which would not feed properly, after 2 shots it would jam or not even fire at all. So i used up the 3rd mag, then i was left without any usable ammunition so i tried individually taking out rounds of the jammed magazine and reloading into the working ones. I can tell you this is not a easy task when your Starshina is barking orders at you to move forward. However i never once went into a battle with fully loaded magazines, the spring gets really really compressed towards the end and becomes difficult to load more rounds in. This is very apparant when using the drum mags, i only managed 60 before the spring was too tight.

Upvote 0