• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Not enough servers on the west coast

bobstos

Apr 17, 2006
I live in Washington St, and I cant seem to find any good servers with a ping of under 150. I have a 6mb cable connection, and there are only 10-15 servers in the browser that have a ping under 200, and they are always empty (or close to it)

I would just like to say that we need more servers on the west coast of the USA! maybe some in Seattle, or California, somewhere like that.

Hey there im hoping you get to read this!

I found different times of the day have different server amounts. Playing at around 6-8pm UK time theres more servers + more players.

Now if anyone could explain how the server browser works id be greatful, but from experience i prosume its slightly region based or maybe just not that good :p (least it works unlike...BF2)

Anyway, Do you happen to know of the program Xfire? Gaming chat program.(add me username : "lucifon"). If you go into games > servers > all you will see RO. Then if you press on RO it will list a load of servers which you can then join using Xfire. Hopefully this helps :)

Also if you have gamespy you can fiddle around with it to work perfectly with RO. Ill just check how :)

If you get into options > Games. Under "more games" scroll down to find Red Orchestra. Locate your steam.exe in steam\steam.exe. Then press on "advanced options" and add this line : "-applaunch 1200 <CONNECTADDRPORT>"

Works perfectly for me, gave it a little try. Only thing is gamespy is always running in the background but if u play windowed like me or just use alt+tab you can turn off gamespy once youve joined the server.

Hopefully this helps. First post - glad to be a member of the community so give me any feedback on if any of this helps :)

Regards,
ChaZ

Upvote 0
Its not the available servers, but available people.

I spent a ton of money getting things launched to find out theres no demand. My fault for jumping the gun. Dual Xeon 3ghz on a great connection. My bf2 server is hosted on the same connection and is 6th in the world so I know people like the bandwidth. Sure would never know it in game the way it starts to get questionable pings and gameplay around 30-32 players on ROO.

We have filled our West Coast server about 12 times in 20 days but it takes a few hours then the server just crashes and we lose everyone eventually. Noone rejoins, so we gave up the population grind.

There are about 110 humans playing the game at the moment so filling a 32 player west coast server is a dream. We were one of the only full servers a few times last week late night but it doesnt repeat itself. Everyone is roaming from server to server following the bulk of the connected players.

Upvote 0