• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Not enough servers employing punkbuster

gusone

Grizzled Veteran
May 2, 2009
Sidcup
steamcommunity.com
Come on admins!

It's working. I'm not getting kicked and historically PB and I have had major issues with other games. But for RO2 it's working a treat.

So go on and flip the PB switch up a notch or two. It's the only way you're going to stop the cheaters. And props to those whose already have it enabled. I for one am only joining PB servers.

Eh, PB, its harmless!
speed hack detected *freeze* speed hack detected *freeze* speed hack detected *freeze* speed hack detected *freeze* speed hack detected *freeze* speed hack detected *freeze*, bang I got shot.

It didn't freeze on me when pb spotted speedhack cheater.

Just be patient a little, till those freaks got sorted out by perm banned from your frequent servers:p

Unless pb, you'll play with cheater scums naturally, is that what you want?:p

Upvote 0
It's most likely due to the fact that most servers running Punkbuster are experiencing lag issues at higher playcounts. Or were. I think they're afraid to turn it on, seeing as the first day of the release there were a ton of horrendous problems with it.

That was due to the latest HLDS server update downloading an OLD PB update. Once the newer update was put back it was fine.

Upvote 0
PB has been causing lag problems in BC2 servers, Play PB enabled BC2 lag, go to PB off, no lag.

Im guessing same applies for RO2, as i notice many arent running PB, but relying on VAC. Ok with

Please see my reply to the other fellow who posted about PB lag issues. It was posted in the dedicated server forums.

The latest server update overwrote a newer PB file with an OLDER one causing crazy lag spikes. Once server admins realised what had happened and corrected the issue things normalised again. The servers still not running PB have most likely not been made aware of what happened.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you look in support forum you will see there is a topic of people that are discovering that PB is most likely causing their crashes in this game. I am one of them. I can play on none PB server just fine for hours. I join an play on a PB enabled server and I know I wont make it through the round before I crash.

Upvote 0
PB made our server lag like crazy, VAC is good enough for now, you really only need one of them on, plus there is always usually one of the clan in the server so if hackers do come in, they get kicked.

if people really need both on, they are either paranoid, or have no clue on spotting a hacker.

Upvote 0