• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

not being able to use weapons is already a big penalty for holding h-pads/gears

LolzMan1325

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
In the 5-6 objective mode games i've played so far, picking up the h-pads/gears and being slowed down always seems like too harsh a penalty. Especially with so few players, it's already bad enough that you can't use your guns while holding it. It almost feels like padding just to make the game last longer.

Basically the slowdown feels unnecessary. I understand that this is supposed to create this dynamic where the other players protect the carrier (sort of like a "protect the V.I.P. situation), but what ultimately happens is the group gets overwhelmed and half the team runs off to get more breathing room and the other have is staying with the V.I.P. and can't hold their own since the other half left, and then the V.I.P. dies and whoever was left around them has to pick up the h-pad/gear, and the whole wave ultimately ends up being frustrating and takes too long.

So thus I think the speed penalty should be removed and the only penalty should be that you can't switch weapons.

Reactions: missing_trigger