• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Not able to download custom workshop maps in KF2 Linux Server

oorja

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 1, 2021
I've done all the things that are required to support Steam Workshop maps (as per Wiki) -
  • Added [OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.KFWorkshopSteamworks] entries in LinuxServer-KFEngine.ini
  • Added DownloadManagers=OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.SteamWorkshopDownload entry in LinuxServer-KFEngine.ini
  • Created KFGame/Cache folder
However, after running the server for quite sometime, I can't see any custom maps downloaded in the Cache folder (or in any other folder). The server is currently working fine with official maps.
Is there any other step that is to be followed in order to get custom maps?

PS - Configuration files attached (as .txt)

Attachments

• LinuxServer-KFEngine.txt
    39.9 KB · Views: 5
  • LinuxServer-KFGame.txt
    29.3 KB · Views: 8
Your KFEngine.ini seems right to me. Plz report on the itemstates you should see in logs when the game attempts to download the entries.

I never bothered creating the Cache directory, the game did it for me. But since you did it yourself -- make sure the chmod is right for the directory and the user in the security context of which the server is running has appropriate rights.

Upvote 0
Any chance you guys can look at your server log and try see if it gives any errors or any indication that it is even being read? Usually shows a line with an state code and the ID.
Here's a line I added about 1 or 2 weeks ago for a new map I wanted to run on my servers:

ServerSubscribedWorkshopItems=1871585704 //KF-Cross

Here's what I see in the logs (from earlier today) for it:

[10927.35] NetComeGo: Checking item 1871585704 for updates.
[10927.35] NetComeGo: Item state is 4.
[10927.35] NetComeGo: Downloading item 1871585704.
[10927.55] NetComeGo: No update available for item 1871585704

So it works as expected for me.

Upvote 0
I've done all the things that are required to support Steam Workshop maps (as per Wiki) -
  • Added [OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.KFWorkshopSteamworks] entries in LinuxServer-KFEngine.ini
  • Added DownloadManagers=OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.SteamWorkshopDownload entry in LinuxServer-KFEngine.ini
  • Created KFGame/Cache folder
However, after running the server for quite sometime, I can't see any custom maps downloaded in the Cache folder (or in any other folder). The server is currently working fine with official maps.
Is there any other step that is to be followed in order to get custom maps?

PS - Configuration files attached (as .txt)
I had this issue on a newly spun up Ubuntu server, never had the issue on CentOS. I didn't need to change any config files ultimately. What I needed to do was force a map change through webadmin to one of the custom maps. For whatever reason that kicked off the downloads. Prior to doing that I wouldn't get any item state messaging in the log file. Still doesn't make sense to me, but it worked.

Upvote 0