• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Not a fan of lockdown

NoxNoctum

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 15, 2007
I hope this can be disabled... because personally I find it very grating to play a bunch of 3 minute rounds.

One of the most fun things about RO was how there could be occasionally be a dramatic shift in momentum and a team could clean up all the objectives in the last 2 minutes after wiping out enemy reinforcements.

I hope at the very least this feature can be disabled. If it's optional it's all groovy.

Signed. Call of Duty had 10 minute rounds by default, and that was fine for such a fast paced game. Battlefield Bad Company 2 rounds can last anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes, and sometimes more.
For this game, I think 15 minutes for FireFight and 30 minutes for Territory would work great.

Also, adjust score limits based on number of players at round start. A score limit that makes for decent round length for 5v5 will be up too quickly in 20v20

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree, I have already posted this in another thread, and I think this deserves a thread of its own, since it is such a big issue:

Lockdown. I really cannot see how this can affect a game in any positive way. Often in RO:Ost I would lie in my foxhole and wait for the enemy wave after wave, for minutes. And the enemy would test our weakspots and with time find a way to break through. If that took him too many men, it was his problem. If the defenders did not adapt, they would lose.
Now with lockdown, the attacker rushes forward, getting butchered. And most of the time, when it looks like he finally can get a hold, the lockdown occurs and the defenders win. Round time limit and Reinforcements play absolutely no role. The long streched rounds on the battlefield seem absolutely impossible with this feature. We already got two limiting factors, time and reinforcements to drive the players.
I really do not care about winning or losing. I care about the expirience on the battlefield. And this now seems gone.
I see how this is supposed to make the game more fluid. It should break stalemates and give an incentive to attack. However, it just makes the game end overly quickly.

Solution would be a way increased lockdown time or an "oldschool" mode of territories without it.

edit: I am of course talking about territory mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sojuz
Upvote 0
In Territory I'd like the option for servers to disable lockdown.

In Countdown, after the defenders manage the fend of the attackers, I'd like once teams swap side that still the entire map can be finished rather than it ending the moment that the victory for one team is determined.

Oh ya I was only talking about territory. For countdown it makes sense to have time limits. It would turn into a borefest with all the attackers camping otherwise. Countdown is fine as is.

Upvote 0
In Territory I'd like the option for servers to disable lockdown.

In Countdown, after the defenders manage the fend of the attackers, I'd like once teams swap side that still the entire map can be finished rather than it ending the moment that the victory for one team is determined.

I thought Lockdown and Countdown where the same. So Lockdown is a feature within Territory?

Well, that means that I can only play 1 out of the 4 game modes, then search for realism servers. Not many servers left! :eek:

Upvote 0
What I hate with lockdown is that you can be a split second away from capping an objective and lockdown will end the map. It can really destroy what could be a great round.

For example on Apartments yesterday my Russian side was hard against it at the first objective, however through using the commander class and some comms properly we organised and took the east bridge and were literally half a second from taking the west bridge when lockdown stopped the round and handed victory to the filthy Germans. It was terrible because the side had got itself together after a tough start and it was turning into an awesome roll.

Here's how I would fix it with one simple change, if there are any attackers capping when the lockdown timer runs out then the Germans must kill them and stop the cap, only then will the round end. Otherwise if no attackers are capping when the lockdown timer runs out the round simply ends as it does now.

Upvote 0
if yxou have any clue about ro1 you understand the introduction of the lockdown feature..especialy on Danzig pubby servers...:rolleyes: But the time limit should be raised...ofc
If you raise it you might as well remove it.
In RO there's always potential for a sudden turn of events, lockdown simply prevents this. It makes matches too short to be fun and sometimes simply doesn't give attackers any chance. It promotes kamikaze charging over properly thought out attacks because you're not given enough time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you raise it you might as well remove it.
In RO there's always potential for a sudden turn of events, lockdown simply prevents this. It makes matches too short to be fun and sometimes simply doesn't give attackers any chance. It promotes kamikaze charging over properly thought out attacks because you're not given enough time.

I fully agree.
I hope we can disable it.

*makes a note on his server option list*
Pfff, will be hard to find a good server it seems...
I hope the browser will show us which options are dis/enabled and of course filters, but for that the browser need a workover.

Upvote 0