• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Not a fan of lockdown

NoxNoctum

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 15, 2007
I hope this can be disabled... because personally I find it very grating to play a bunch of 3 minute rounds.

One of the most fun things about RO was how there could be occasionally be a dramatic shift in momentum and a team could clean up all the objectives in the last 2 minutes after wiping out enemy reinforcements.

I hope at the very least this feature can be disabled. If it's optional it's all groovy.

Flanker15

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 18, 2006
I agree, I hope there's a server option for it because right now it can really throw off my enjoyment having the map just end after a few minutes. The map ending just when you start getting a foothold is the worst part and anticlimatic for everyone.

DIVZ

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 21, 2011
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I want rounds that are about 30 minutes each so you can actually finish the map instead of having to stop halfway in because the round ends.

So that would be a nice feature but so far I love everything else in the game :D

Zcool31

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 30, 2011
Signed. Call of Duty had 10 minute rounds by default, and that was fine for such a fast paced game. Battlefield Bad Company 2 rounds can last anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes, and sometimes more.
For this game, I think 15 minutes for FireFight and 30 minutes for Territory would work great.

Also, adjust score limits based on number of players at round start. A score limit that makes for decent round length for 5v5 will be up too quickly in 20v20

Last edited:

Viersbovsky

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 6, 2011
Austria
I agree, I have already posted this in another thread, and I think this deserves a thread of its own, since it is such a big issue:

Lockdown. I really cannot see how this can affect a game in any positive way. Often in RO:Ost I would lie in my foxhole and wait for the enemy wave after wave, for minutes. And the enemy would test our weakspots and with time find a way to break through. If that took him too many men, it was his problem. If the defenders did not adapt, they would lose.
Now with lockdown, the attacker rushes forward, getting butchered. And most of the time, when it looks like he finally can get a hold, the lockdown occurs and the defenders win. Round time limit and Reinforcements play absolutely no role. The long streched rounds on the battlefield seem absolutely impossible with this feature. We already got two limiting factors, time and reinforcements to drive the players.
I really do not care about winning or losing. I care about the expirience on the battlefield. And this now seems gone.
I see how this is supposed to make the game more fluid. It should break stalemates and give an incentive to attack. However, it just makes the game end overly quickly.

Solution would be a way increased lockdown time or an "oldschool" mode of territories without it.

edit: I am of course talking about territory mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sojuz

Zetsumei

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Falmouth UK
In Territory I'd like the option for servers to disable lockdown.

In Countdown, after the defenders manage the fend of the attackers, I'd like once teams swap side that still the entire map can be finished rather than it ending the moment that the victory for one team is determined.

NoxNoctum

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 15, 2007
Well I think overall time limits should be according to the map itself. 15 minutes is fine for Danzig/Apartments. It's the 3 minute countdown thing that irritates me.

I'm sure we'll be seeing maps with 25-30 and even 45 minute time limits.

NoxNoctum

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 15, 2007

In Countdown, after the defenders manage the fend of the attackers, I'd like once teams swap side that still the entire map can be finished rather than it ending the moment that the victory for one team is determined.
Oh ya I was only talking about territory. For countdown it makes sense to have time limits. It would turn into a borefest with all the attackers camping otherwise. Countdown is fine as is.

Scarf Ace

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 16, 2011
Frankly I think it's a downright bad game mechanic. It ends the game before it starts. Either remove it outright or give servers the option to do so.

Last edited:

LHeureux

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 24, 2011
Yes please, no lockdown. What is that anyway? The germans are closing a big fence all around the map to cut soviet reinforcements? Or they are closing all the windows and doors and let the russians starve outside? :eek:

Scarf Ace

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 16, 2011
OK, this stupid mechanic is just ruining too many rounds. It needs to go. It has no redeeming features.

BlackLabel

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 9, 2007
Churmany
if yxou have any clue about ro1 you understand the introduction of the lockdown feature..especialy on Danzig pubby servers...:rolleyes: But the time limit should be raised...ofc

Flogger23m

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 5, 2009

I thought Lockdown and Countdown where the same. So Lockdown is a feature within Territory?

Well, that means that I can only play 1 out of the 4 game modes, then search for realism servers. Not many servers left! :eek:

Reddog

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 7, 2005
Australia
What I hate with lockdown is that you can be a split second away from capping an objective and lockdown will end the map. It can really destroy what could be a great round.

For example on Apartments yesterday my Russian side was hard against it at the first objective, however through using the commander class and some comms properly we organised and took the east bridge and were literally half a second from taking the west bridge when lockdown stopped the round and handed victory to the filthy Germans. It was terrible because the side had got itself together after a tough start and it was turning into an awesome roll.

Here's how I would fix it with one simple change, if there are any attackers capping when the lockdown timer runs out then the Germans must kill them and stop the cap, only then will the round end. Otherwise if no attackers are capping when the lockdown timer runs out the round simply ends as it does now.

Scarf Ace

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 16, 2011
if yxou have any clue about ro1 you understand the introduction of the lockdown feature..especialy on Danzig pubby servers...:rolleyes: But the time limit should be raised...ofc
If you raise it you might as well remove it.
In RO there's always potential for a sudden turn of events, lockdown simply prevents this. It makes matches too short to be fun and sometimes simply doesn't give attackers any chance. It promotes kamikaze charging over properly thought out attacks because you're not given enough time.

Last edited:

LeftHandPath

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 30, 2011
I agree guys.Server option or disable for future realism servers.

I dont understand why to change the original idea?,talking on Territory,let the battle runs dudes.In Ostfront,the last minute is important.

See us around.

Rumo

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 3, 2006
Vienna; Austria
If you raise it you might as well remove it.
In RO there's always potential for a sudden turn of events, lockdown simply prevents this. It makes matches too short to be fun and sometimes simply doesn't give attackers any chance. It promotes kamikaze charging over properly thought out attacks because you're not given enough time.
I fully agree.
I hope we can disable it.

*makes a note on his server option list*
Pfff, will be hard to find a good server it seems...
I hope the browser will show us which options are dis/enabled and of course filters, but for that the browser need a workover.