• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

North Korea and United States War?

again, how can you invade your own country? and again, if texas was occupied by a foreign ruler (living thousands of miles away), would the u.s. forces be termed invaders or liberators?

the only war north korea ever conducted in its existence was a war to unify its own country. on the opposite end stands a global nuclear superpower with a long list of military excursions (mostly meddling into other people's affairs) under its belt. and you dare insinuate that north korea here is a belligerent nation? dprk is being threatened with war every day. it's being systematically starved and intimidated by the most powerful country in the world. this is not a confrontation between two rivals on equal footing. it's david and goliath all over again. only this time, they both have nukes. although, goliath still has much much more of them and there's no chance in hell david will ever reach parity. the only thing he can do is try to deter the bully by making himself look tougher than he really is.

as i already stated, the only way north korea will ever get a chance to evolve is if the u.s. stopped threatening them. but the u.s. wants north korea poor. it wants them strutting around because it provides a great opportunity for the western media to portray dprk as a criminal regime. which in return provides (false) justification for further american involvement in the rest of the region. this is imperialism disguised in the form of humanitarian interventionism.

Upvote 0
Shame all those mean anti-communists are ganging up on you, huh? :D

In any case, this seems to have turned political and I believe that's against forum rules, so this is my last say here.

Have a good day.
You had knowledge of the rules... before posting several comments here, stopping now.. why? No arguements?

I'm neutral, both groups are involved and don't try to stop it. No one is innocent.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm neutral, both groups are involved and don't try to stop it. No one is innocent.

no one is innocent, sure. but some are more guilty than others.

chomsky on the vietnam war, although it perfectly translates into korea as well (and beyond):

Vietnam War: What really happened - YouTube

"[quoting jimmy carter]: 'we owe vietnam no debt because the destruction was mutual.' to check that out, all you have to do is take a walk around westchester county and quang ngai province, perfectly obvious."

"you don't just win a war, you have to humiliate and degrade the victims."

edit: also, i'm just wondering, how on earth can we have a thread on north korea and u.s. foreign policy without the discussion becoming political?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i heard they have uranium

hornoxe.com_gifdump42_6.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Going through a few figures from statistical yearbooks available online and a few I have somewhere.

Daily caloric intake for a citizen of NK in 1988-1990 was 2843 cal (SK at the time 2826), according to an old yearbook I have.

Currently the UN Yearbook 2010 puts it at NK 2376 vs 2956 SK for 1990 and NK 2087 vs 3074 SK for 2007, with a discernible downwards trend for NK.

Wikipedia lists NK's HDI at 0.766 according to 1995/1998 data, which would put it in the "high" HDI countries group, although it's not listed anymore (old data, and such).

I can also find a 1.9% world production share for wolfram ores (comparable to Bolivia at the time, twice as much as Portugal, half as much as Austria), which is tungsten, for 1994.

A 3.2% world share for zinc ores for 1993 (vs US's 7.5% share at the time).

A 3% share for lead ores for 1995 (vs US's 14%).

A 2.1% share for silver for 1991 (vs US's 11% in 1995).

I don't know. Make of it what you will. Unfortunately the World Metal Statistics Yearbook is ~600 pounds, so can't see what's probably the most interesting info.

Upvote 0
Looks like the whole thing has blown over . . . for now at least. :eek:

North Korean Missiles being fired aren't even making the headlines over here:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/wor...xth-missile-in-three-days-20130521-2jxdt.html[url]http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/world/north-korea-fires-sixth-missile-in-three-days-20130521-2jxdt.html[/URL]
Spoiler!

It will probably never happen, people who are close with both countries say that this sort of rubbish happens all the time... And this is nothing new.

I also love the whole "They're not being fed, so we should bomb and invade their country and kill thousands, if not millions... In order of them to live happier lives" reason

Upvote 0