• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

No weapon pickup after a teamkill!

No weapon pickup after a teamkill!

• Yea

Votes: 23 85.2%
  • Nope

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters

Capt.Cool

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
Sky high
Synopsis: If a player teamkills you for your weapon, he should be not be allowed to pick it up!
If he tries it simply doesnt work, maybe a text comes up "sorry, guns of teamkilled players cannot be looted!"
:D
Of course he still can pickup guns from other player he did not teamkill.

the full story:
Last night I was confronted with a guy in my team who did kill me for my full upgraded Thompson.
After being killed 3 times in a row it was clear it was on purpose!

Now what can u do in this situation? I started a kick vote, but good luck with that! Nobody, YES NOBODY did vote! Because it was just a thing between me and him, and the rest of the team did simply not care. (they would only care if he teamkilled them)
Also the kickmenu is somewhat complicated to operate, you need at least 20 seconds to get there and find the player to kick, thats 20 seconds of playing time that most players dont want to waste. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
the full story:
Last night I was confronted with a guy in my team who did kill me for my full upgraded Thompson.
After being killed 3 times in a row it was clear it was on purpose!

Now what can u do in this situation? I started a kick vote, but good luck with that! Nobody, YES NOBODY did vote! Because it was just a thing between me and him, and the rest of the team did simply not care. (they would only care if he teamkilled them)
Also the kickmenu is somewhat complicated to operate, you need at least 20 seconds to get there and find the player to kick, thats 20 seconds of playing time that most players dont want to waste. :rolleyes:

You know, I know it's a waste of reinforcements, and I know it disrupts the server, but whenever a teamkiller is in the process of intentionally trying to kill me or someone else, I gun him down without hesitation. It's hardly taking the high road, but if they're that kind of player, it's clear that saving your own life or a buddy's is probably more than worth ending his a couple of times in the grand scheme of things.

Upvote 0
You know, I know it's a waste of reinforcements, and I know it disrupts the server, but whenever a teamkiller is in the process of intentionally trying to kill me or someone else, I gun him down without hesitation. It's hardly taking the high road, but if they're that kind of player, it's clear that saving your own life or a buddy's is probably more than worth ending his a couple of times in the grand scheme of things.
I do that as well. and if you can convince a few guy to do the same, they leave very fast. no fun sitting to respawn just to have four or five guys shoot you. of course most times I play on a server with an active admin and he'll boot the guy before we have to resort to shooting them ourselves.

Upvote 0
I think this is a feature of the ServerEx mutator that good server operators are likely to have running on their servers.

So if that's the case it is a server side option but only if you have a caring and competent server operator.
pretty sure it's in the game as of one of the recent patches.
yeah, I just checked. joined a bot server and killed a bunch of my own bots. no weapons of any kind are left when they die.

Last edited:
Upvote 0