• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

No weapon models for 1st person spectator mode?

teemu92

Grizzled Veteran
May 31, 2011
Finland
www.youtube.com
As i noticed from this video

Red Orchestra 2 Gameplay Preview - Part 1 [HD] - YouTube

At 0:33 we dont see the hands or weapon in the view, wich really makes me worried, since this probably means when you record a demo you wont see them either.

Being able to record a demo and then record that with fraps after your playsession is a really helpful thing to use who make videos from our games, becouse we dont have to play with fraps taking 80-90% of our framerate off, and not recording hours and hours of footage, with demo recording we could just record the good bits we want.

But the game is still in beta, and i really hope TWI fixes this in the final version or sometime after release, and by the way why is it this way? old fps games many years ago could show them, and demo recording worked just fine, does it have something to do with the unreal engine?

Thanks for reading, and i hope twi considers fixing the viewmodels in 1st person spectator mode & recorded demos, thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jorg Biermann1
i sense that they said they weren't gonna have time to fully implement rotv that being said i don't know/think there gonna have time to implement fps gun view b4 release. :D just my 2 cents. my bet is unless it impossible to achieve it will eventually make it in game. :D

also we always have fraps :)

Upvote 0
I think they're having some issues with it, remember some beta tester mentioning it somewhere. Hopefully it will be fixed by release.

This also explains why they didn't go into 1st person spectate when showing the game to the press in Germany.
I seriously hope so, since i love making videos and have been waiting a long time to RO2, and my pc is not good enough to play a game with graphics like this with fraps smoothly.

Reactions: Jorg Biermann1
Upvote 0
You shouldn't need fraps afaik, theres recording ability in the game :)
Are you sure? by recording ability, do you mean like avidemo in CoD or the Source Recorder in all the source games, that takes a certain amount of screenshots per second and later you compile them to make a fluid avi video, if that is true i am officially in love with RO2 :)

Upvote 0