• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
I was actually about to hop in and rage. Over media-blown weapons; I've seen enough AK' and variants; along with Katanas which really aren't all that great in any situation; to last me a life time. I could deal with that though, then came the pay-to-use player skins. I was almost on my last whim until I saw the tagged price of only two dollars.

I really with other companies would learn from this. When you make DLC, make it free or make it really cheap. No one can yell at you over two bucks. It's a world and a half apart from a certain unmentioned game's $20-40 'map-packs' that no one gives a rat's rear about.

Hats off to you, Tripwire! Keep up the great work!

Upvote 0
I love new content although the following makes me a bit sad :(

Does this mean that the ability for user created characters and models selectable for play like in UT2004 is completely removed. Or will users beside the DLC characters somehow add their own custom characters. Tbh it makes me feel a little like the left 4 dead 2 announcement, even though there are updates comming for left 4 dead one, to get access to the full experience well need to pay additional money :(.

Does not having the new skins really hinder your experience with the game at all? If you say yes then I really have no comment. Now if they were to charge for the "heavy metal pack" like L4D is basically doing for L4D2, then by all means, you can say,"They are denying us the full experience." But look at it this way, what is $2 USD really? I can find that much laying around on the couch in my house if I look (I'm sure this applies to alot of people). They're not forcing you to buy it, and it doesn't make the game "better" in any way shape or form. We still get the full experience, and hopefully will still get that with out having to pay.

Upvote 0