• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
And, finally, of course you can still love Tripwire even if you don't have money. Please just remember to love us when you DO have money!

ill give you 10 dollars and this cat i drew if you make a KF version of danzig.

DSCN0569.jpg

Upvote 0
Napster ruined everything. In the old days you'd buy a Commodore 64 game
play it to death and when finally bored of it, you'd work a paper round and when you had the cash you'd go buy another. Napster came along showed the kids how to get everything for free and now they come to expect additional content for a game they bought for gratis. I still dont get that concept but trying to figure out what goes on in a teen's bonce and you are on a hiding to nothing. Check out a recent Morgan Stanley note http://media.ft.com/cms/c3852b2e-6f9a-11de-bfc5-00144feabdc0.pdf

Basically they are a bunch of freeloaders and personally software companies should not give in to their black mail and charge 'em for DLC until they squeal like pigs.

Upvote 0
play it to death and when finally bored of it, you'd work a paper round and when you had the cash you'd go buy another. Napster came along showed the kids how to get everything for free and now they come to expect additional content for a game they bought for gratis. I still dont get that concept but trying to figure out what goes on in a teen's bonce and you are on a hiding to nothing. Check out a recent Morgan Stanley note http://media.ft.com/cms/c3852b2e-6f9a-11de-bfc5-00144feabdc0.pdf

Basically they are a bunch of freeloaders and personally software companies should not give in to their black mail and charge 'em for DLC until they squeal like pigs.

its not the case with TWI. they are creating a good name for themselves, so that people will continue to buy their latest game, and stay interested in it so that way they will tell their friends about it being a great game made by great people. it works for both parties benefit. TWI adds a new weapon or a new map, people stay interested, tell others, etc, more ppl buy the game, and the community gets a new gun or map. pardon me for a few minutes, im going to call up a friend and tell him to buy KF!

Upvote 0
"gaurunteed" is actually spelt guaranteed. I know because I looked it up. And if the only way you can get your g/f to play with you is to buy her a copy of Heroes of Stalingrad, you may have a slight relationship issue

hey i knew i mispelled it but thought, 'meh, no one on the forum will care...' :eek: so i didn't go back and edit it

and it's not that that is the ONLY way she will play with me - but I did buy a copy of Killing Floor for her steam account so she'd play with us (she's more into plants v zombies, peggle, and that sort of stuff) - but hey you guys should just be glad I'm buying multiple copies of your game, right? :D

the evil and church comment, well that could go either way, but i think you meant for it to be that way :p

Upvote 0
play it to death and when finally bored of it, you'd work a paper round and when you had the cash you'd go buy another. Napster came along showed the kids how to get everything for free and now they come to expect additional content for a game they bought for gratis. I still dont get that concept but trying to figure out what goes on in a teen's bonce and you are on a hiding to nothing. Check out a recent Morgan Stanley note http://media.ft.com/cms/c3852b2e-6f9a-11de-bfc5-00144feabdc0.pdf[url]http://media.ft.com/cms/c3852b2e-6f9a-11de-bfc5-00144feabdc0.pdf[/URL]

You might have a point, but I hate to pay for extra content for a different reason. Especially if its lame like a few new weapons and a map. That makes me think dev's didnt finish the game in the first place. :rolleyes:

Nobody payed for their games when I started playing. (amiga 500 and 386 pc although our parents did pay for the nintendo and sega games) Blaming napster seems like just finding a scapegoat to me. Thats not even close to trying to understand the attitude IMHO.

Upvote 0
Simonlife: Yeah, of course, but there are two main points:
1) When I got KF nobody told nothing about paid models (or possible future paid DLC's)
2) When I buy something in a shop, I can go back and blame the seller. We got internet now, and we use the forums :p
I'm a fan of the game, but a customer too, and I'm worried about the game's future, so I came here looking for information ^^

1. Why would it matter if anyone told you that a paid DLC update would be released? You bought the game when it was released for the value it offered when it was released. If TW had notified us at initial release that they would be releasing a paid DLC patch around August, would you have decided to not buy the game? I don't ask that rhetorically either; I'm curious.

2. Fair enough. =)

Upvote 0
RIP Bullpup... LOL. If they change the Commando perk to allow X damage with Bullpup or AK-47 to qualify for levelup, I wonder which one will be the obvious choice...

In all likelyhood, that poor gun will have been reduced to Crawler-Killing and "I'm out of AK Ammo" status now...if it's used at all...but it and the Katana even showing up proved that digging in the SDK does show us potentially future updates...

On another note: Prototype Horzine Armor? I'm intrigued. Far more interesting than the DJ Scully skin everyone's gonna be using!

Also...paying for Skins, eh? Makes me see why they collectively crapped a brick about people being able to use the skins for free now...it'll be interesting to see if they can get that situation under control because people are still, at present, able to use the skins if they know how...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
RIP Bullpup... LOL. If they change the Commando perk to allow X damage with Bullpup or AK-47 to qualify for levelup, I wonder which one will be the obvious choice...

In all likelyhood, that poor gun will have been reduced to Crawler-Killing and "I'm out of AK Ammo" status now...if it's used at all...but it and the Katana even showing up proved that digging in the SDK does show us potentially future updates...

its the same with support, pump shotty or hunting shotty???? i plan to use both if possible. the bullpup i like because of its 50 round mag, high rate of fire, and controllability. and the AK im going to like because of its high power and the fact that its an AK (shout out to all my eastern european brotherz)

Upvote 0
Isn't that just gonna clog up the game with loads of different versions of pretty much the same gun?

I really find it funny how the game started with only British weapons, then got a Russian gun and a Japanese sword included, And now people want a US submachinegun as well.

If you ask me AK<Bullpup<MP5

Just my two cents.

(Note, my two cents have the value of fifty US dollars :p)

Upvote 0
More perfect thing would be a new type of enemy. That would be something cool.

AGREE!!

[QUORE]i would like to see the one zombie that has the rifle make a return. not like shooting you across the screen, but he walks to you and starts hitting you with his rifle, that would be cool. kinda like a gorefast almost.[/QUOTE]

desagree

It will be nice if Tripware add to the characters pack all the skins made by fans and pay them (the creators) with % or goods.

But i do not know any user-made skin. Do some one?

Still, is a great update, a happy moment, and big news for the commandos. Surely, i will pay for the new content.
gj TWE and Wilsonam!

Last edited:
Upvote 0