• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Cool... Cant wait for the AK-47 and , especially, the katana sword... Hopefully it'll solve the problem of getting my head ached after hours long listening to the chainsaw.

In addition to this free update, Tripwire Interactive will be releasing our first paid DLC character pack for Killing Floor very soon. This character pack adds four new playable characters including a Horzine foundry worker and a soldier in prototype Horzine body armor.

Should I understand "playable characters" as "skin" or "perk" ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In addition to this free update, Tripwire Interactive will be releasing our first paid DLC character pack for Killing Floor very soon. This character pack adds four new playable characters including a Horzine foundry worker and a soldier in prototype Horzine body armor.

Does that mean we have to pay for the cosmetic change and not for the big change?

That or I have misread this, "our first paid DLC character pack" doesnt seem to make sense.

Upvote 0
Yay! Very nice!

See, this is the sort of free update that Valve should be putting out for free for L4D.

I like how the big gameplay changes are free, but the new characters are optional bought upgrades for those that want them. It's much better than adding content that splits the community between those that paid for soemthing and those that didn't (maps, weapons, gameplay modes, etc).

I plan on buying all the DLC packs to support Tripwire.:D

Upvote 0
Hmmm, any definite price to the DLC characters yet?

If I had to guess, I'd say probably around $5 or so. Any more than that would be kind of pricy for new skins/models. Tripwire are gamers and I think they have a good idea of how much content like this would be worth to gamers, so I don't expect it to be overpriced.

I plan to buy them all, whether I use the new characters or not just to support Killing Floor and Tripwire.:D

Upvote 0
Does that mean we have to pay for the cosmetic change and not for the big change?

That or I have misread this, "our first paid DLC character pack" doesnt seem to make sense.

How can you misread it?

In addition to this free update, Tripwire Interactive will be releasing our first paid DLC character pack
I'll explain it for the hard-of-understanding:

As well as giving everybody some free content, Tripwire are also offering, to those that want it, the option of paying for a character pack which will unlock additional skins.
The phrase "our first paid DLC character pack" is a clear indication of the fact that at some time in the future Tripwire will also offer, to those that want it, the option of paying for additional character pack/s

Simple.

And good news too. Thanks Tripwire :D

Upvote 0