• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

No stats? GREAT!

I agree that score is not important at all but I belong to players that are missing death mesages. I realy do not enjoy game that much when I cannot see them. But I have played on server where you can see who you have killed and who killed you but you do not see other player's death messages... and that was ver good compromise for me.

oh yes and with removing all death messages you will miss all those beautiful multikills with nades and some killing-streaks that are spice of online gaming :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Was on DBUK last night - loads of fun, and friendly people :)

Not seeing those death messages does add some extra spice to the gameplay.
Game becomes slower though, and much more tactical then it would be with kills messages display.
I like it both tbh. It's just a matter of what mood I am in. You really have to start focusing on those death-screams and filter out your kills from the others :D

Upvote 0
Agree with the turning off of the kill indicator 100%. It would give you a sense that MAYBE if you just stayed hunkered behind those sandbags, that MG that is peppering you might think he got you. With the kill indicator on, you just know that the second you pop your head up, there is going to be a round flying at it.

As for scores, there was a valid point made that the scores are geared towards team play, however, many times I have manned an MG42 and laid down a ton of suppressing fire, more to distract the enemy than anything, while my team moves in to the cap zones. My score is usually very low (don't hit much and am not running into cap zones with the mg), but I feel I contribute to the success of the mission. Regardless, I don't even look at the scoreboard, just who wins at the end. I know when I'm playing if I'm doing any good for my team or not, I don't need points to tell me that.

Upvote 0
agreed. The intensity of the battles without death messages is much higher IMO. You're never quite sure if you killed the enemy or not. It makes the teams work together more and forces the players to procede more cautiously. When you toss a nade around a corner and the message pops up that you just killed 2 or 3 guys, you know it's safe to move there, but IRL that doesn't happen.

Upvote 0
I have a problem. I found a DBDUK server, 32 player, but it does not feature the above features of no death messages & player scores. I went to the DBDUK site and it stats a server, 22 player, IP: 80.84.250.47:7777, but when i enter this ip into the game it doesn't find the server at all.

If you can post the ip's of any servers with the features requested in this thread, i would be grateful.
Thanks.

Upvote 0
I have a problem. I found a DBDUK server, 32 player, but it does not feature the above features of no death messages & player scores. I went to the DBDUK site and it stats a server, 22 player, IP: 80.84.250.47:7777, but when i enter this ip into the game it doesn't find the server at all.

If you can post the ip's of any servers with the features requested in this thread, i would be grateful.
Thanks.

80.84.250.68:7757

//edit
Aaaah too late ;)

Upvote 0
Was on DBUK last night - loads of fun, and friendly people :)

Yeah I was on last night as well - It's good how you can't see the other sides reinforcement, or what class everybody is.

Although I wasn't overly impressed at getting kicked for idling on Konigsplatz, when we had no reinforcements and I'd been staring at a Black screen for 5 mins..:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
What servers are running this mutator? (I only know Neogen). I love it, no stats and kill messenges.

im not sure if the server i play on runs ALL of these features, but it does have no death messages and blank screen, its the 5ss realism server by the way =)

and im sure if you talk to them about adding any mutators to enhance the realism they would gladly do it

id also like to see a feature in the filter system that allows you to see what servers are running death message off maybe

Upvote 0
Yeah I was on last night as well - It's good how you can't see the other sides reinforcement, or what class everybody is.

Although I wasn't overly impressed at getting kicked for idling on Konigsplatz, when we had no reinforcements and I'd been staring at a Black screen for 5 mins..:rolleyes:

Sorry about that Baron I dont know why that was on ,its off now. :)

Upvote 0
if you turn deathmessages off it only makes sence when you turn off the scores aswell... Because, when you shot somebody over a long range and you're not sure if the bastard is dead or not, you just go and check the scoreboard....."alright 1 point more. that guy is dead!" got the point? ^^

i really dont mind if there are deathmessages or not, but what i think is the best way is just to display WHO killed you and only you are able to see this message...

Upvote 0