• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

No stats? GREAT!

theniffrig

Aug 2, 2006
I was just playing the game. I found my regular 'favourites' servers where either empty or full. So, taking a gamble, i tried a new server out. To my surprise, i discovered that the Scores section was removed. I personally tought this was a great feature for a game like RO. I dont really care how many points i get for killing or capturing an objective in the game anyway, so long as my team wins. With that said, i checked out the server details but didn't spot what i considered a distinctive 'Scores: Disabled' feature. I did read something about mutators though. What i'd like to know is, What tag is given to a server that uses such a feature?

Also, the server in question was french, and so the language barrier means i wont want to play there too often. If anyone knows of an english server that has the above feature of no scores displayed, and also has no death messages displayed, which also features a black screen while dead (without the spectator/player jumping feature), then can you post it up here please. I need a server that makes the game as real as possible.
Thanks.

I like it too because it adds to the immersion of RO.
Great feeling of uncertainty when you shoot someone at far range, but you cannot confirm 100% that he reallywent down from your bullet. So you just keep sneaking, and watching that position because you never know if he only went prone behind those sandbags or took cover behind his dead teammates to make a fool out of you after you pop your head out :D

Upvote 0
I like it too because it adds to the immersion of RO.
Great feeling of uncertainty when you shoot someone at far range, but you cannot confirm 100% that he reallywent down from your bullet. So you just keep sneaking, and watching that position because you never know if he only went prone behind those sandbags or took cover behind his dead teammates to make a fool out of you after you pop your head out :D

Exactly!

Upvote 0
I was on a server the other night like this, it was incredible. People were playing for the TEAM, and not just themselves. I could care less how many stupid points I have, or whether I'm first or last, I just want my team to win.

The funny thing was that someone joined the server and whined about not having a score. "Wtf? This is stupid, how do you know who's the best?" or something along those lines. I was laughing my ass off.:D Isnt it enough that your team wins? Why is it so important for people to compete against their own teammates? It doesnt make sense.

Upvote 0
i think it should be left how it is. Cause i wanna know if the guy i shot died or not... The reason i cant tell if i killed someone from afar, is cause my graphics ****, i cant have AA on, or not much on high, so from far away, all i really see is allitle black thing, with the edges moving around and making my eyes hurt.

Upvote 0
i think it should be left how it is. Cause i wanna know if the guy i shot died or not... The reason i cant tell if i killed someone from afar, is cause my graphics ****, i cant have AA on, or not much on high, so from far away, all i really see is allitle black thing, with the edges moving around and making my eyes hurt.

That is the point.

Upvote 0
I only like the score to know if I am pulling my weight for the team. If i have very low score it means I am not holding cap zones enough (from a kills and capping prospective) so I change my play style to try to be more effiecient for the team. Its all about damage + cap per reinforcement point :). Scores at the end though would be cool, and I could play no scores at all if we had a good captain to direct men. Seen a few on pub servers, never lost a round with a good captain telling us where to go and what to do.

Upvote 0
Head on over to DBDUK (Server's in the netherlands), we have deathmessages turned off, blackscreen on death, hidden reinf/class for enemy team. Simply put, we got all the realism stuff we can put in there :)

How does that make the game exciting? I hate servers that run mods like that because you can never tell if you're actually making any progress.

Upvote 0
Hmmm....
I kind of like having the stats on. The game is designed around winning by teamwork and the scores you achieve are geared towards teamwork already. You get 10 points for a flag cap and 1 point for a kill as an example. I believe it's 5 points for a resupply? WOrking for the team makes you go higher in the scoreboard, and it's nice to look to see who is the best at helping the team win.
Deathmessages can go, thats kind of cool, but it really isn't about killing them all anyway like it would be in other games, it's about helpling your team cap the objectives, so the piddly points you get for killing the enemy can't add up to the points you get if you are working hard to help your team get or defend the cap points.

Upvote 0
I like the stats screen but prefer not to know who I have killed. It does detract somewhat from the feel the knowing that you have finally got that pesky player hiding somewhere, or the fact you have lobbed a nade over an obstical blowing up a few enemy you only guessed at being their.

Play a fair bit on the DBDUK server, if I can get on it 99% of the time it is full (was the same in the mod days)

Upvote 0