[Question] No sound after patch?

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

JohnnyRaygun

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 22, 2011
Alaska
I play with team speak with my unit members in RO2. Been having a blast etc. Ever since I downloaded the patch, I no longer can hear the game. I hear people on TS, I can play other games and hear them, but now with RO2 I cant. I've tried restarting steam and not loading TS. Still no sound. Anyone else lose sound in the game?

39th Guards

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 28, 2011
Laramie, WY
I'm having the same issue too. If I turn up the game volume all the way and then turn my speakers up to max I can just barely hear gunshots/menu clicks...... I'm using a two speaker with sub setup plugged into a gaming laptop headphone port. I've been having these problems ever since the beta dropped.

Lordcarrick

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 31, 2011
I lost all the game sounds after a map reload. and at times i could hear some "Dotted" explosive sound, like the sound when you put the needle on an LP. Havn

JohnnyRaygun

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 22, 2011
Alaska
I ended up updating my soundcard software and now my sound works again. I dont know why doing that fixed it even though it worked fine before the patch but you guys should try doing the same.

visor45

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 6, 2011
Lordcarrick, I'm having the same problem, if you restart it'll work for the first map and then no sound on the next map except the annoying explosive sound

Tunagoblin

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 14, 2011
Losing sound on map change is something we are aware of and is at the top of the list of things to fix.
It's usually the buffering amount for the audio not enough/too much makes the sound to go away.
(for audio applications and such... not sure for the how the game sound works, though...)

Aces

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 2, 2007
I noticed that after applying the latest patch yesterday evening that I had no sound. For some reason my sound mixer had muted the sound and I'm pretty sure that I haven't done this. I unmuted the sound and evrything was fine, bizare!.

Inimical_rize

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 17, 2011
This problem was happening well before the patch, the sound would slowly remove it's self I.e gun shots, then explosion and what not. the only fix is a restart of the entire game.