No sound after map change.

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Veniathan

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 20, 2011
Croatia
Today i started experiencing this. And in all honesty i dont even know why.

I'll play a map, let it change. Then ... No sound. Nothing. Just occasional weird "pop" sounds that come out of my speakers.

I thought my sound card broke or something .. But apparently and amazingly it didn't. So what could be causing this?

Reactions: [rs2.fi] Tuomainen

Lush

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 6, 2011
England
www.thepara.co.uk
Its a bug they have been trying to fix since day one mate, some have it worse than others

Restart the game and carry on playing

I am sure they will get to the bottom of it soon

Veniathan

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 20, 2011
Croatia
Its a bug they have been trying to fix since day one mate, some have it worse than others

Restart the game and carry on playing

I am sure they will get to the bottom of it soon

Yeah well .. It's kinda annoying to constantly restart :I

Reactions: Matkailija

oldslowguy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 23, 2005
AZ, USA
If you alt/tab so you can see the desktop, check your sound level for the game by bringing up the sound mixer, mine used to always reset the RO game to nearly mute with map changes, doesnt happen anymore though. Maybe try updating your sound drivers/or try different drivers. Good luck! TWB*SlowBull

SRQ

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 7, 2006
Florida
Yep. Happens to me every now and then as well. I thought it might be server-related, but I'm not sure.

Veniathan

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 20, 2011
Croatia
If you alt/tab so you can see the desktop, check your sound level for the game by bringing up the sound mixer, mine used to always reset the RO game to nearly mute with map changes, doesnt happen anymore though. Maybe try updating your sound drivers/or try different drivers. Good luck! TWB*SlowBull

I've updated drivers, rolled back, tried different versions.

Final result: Nothing works. But ill try the Alt-Tab thing .. Seems useful.