• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

No Perk/Can't Play game

Necroknight01

Jun 13, 2021
Hi all,

I can't play Killing Floor 2, it shows no Perk next to my name in the Main Menu and when I go to play Solo or Training, it doesn't show my name in the Squad list and I can't start the game. Multiplayer doesn't work either, it just lets me spectate, it won't spawn even after the round is over. I can't change perks in the Perk menu either.

I've tried:
Deleting the Killing Floor 2 Config folder
Reinstalling the game
Validating game files
Resetting ranks/perks back to 0
Reinstalling Steam
Disabling the "Keep games saves in the Steam Cloud" option.
Formatting and reinstalling Windows.
A different PC.
None of it worked.

I logged a ticket on the Killing Floor 2 support page over 2 months ago and they said that they will get back to me as soon as possible, no update yet.

Thanks,
Matt

1) Opt-out of steam client beta.

2) Keep firewalls and security software up-to-date with kf2. This applies to your computer & router/modem. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...825680069317361674/kf2_firewall_allowance.png
Thanks Arcames

1. Steam wasn't in beta.
2. Only Firewall I have is the Windows one due to recent format/reinstall of Windows, which I've disabled and it's still not working.

Since disabling the Windows Firewall I've tried deleting the Config, resetting perks, restarting and validating games again but still no go.

I've had two friends who had the same issue, one was able to fix it following the steps mentioned in my post but the other like me hasn't been so lucky and resorted to buying the game again from the Epic Games Store because it's on special.

As much as I really enjoy the game, I don't want to be throwing more money on it over a problem like this and I'd much rather stick to Steam if possible.
Really disappointed with Tripwire, they should be working on fixing this instead of more content.

Upvote 0
Did you configure windows properly after the reinstallation? Such as timezone, location, language etc (and of course a good ol restart to apply settings). I remember an old bug case were this one user tried to play kf2 on a fresh windows installation, wouldn't work until they fully configured basic windows settings.

If you own a laptop or less clunky desktop would it be possible to try kf2 at you friend's place? I'm trying to figure if this case is related to your ISP or router/modem setup at home.

Reactions: Necroknight01
Upvote 0
Did you configure windows properly after the reinstallation? Such as timezone, location, language etc (and of course a good ol restart to apply settings). I remember an old bug case were this one user tried to play kf2 on a fresh windows installation, wouldn't work until they fully configured basic windows settings.

If you own a laptop or less clunky desktop would it be possible to try kf2 at you friend's place? I'm trying to figure if this case is related to your ISP or router/modem setup at home.
Yes I've done all that for the Windows config.
The friend who got it working did a format and reinstall so he stepped me through all this.

We're all on the same network, so in regards it being related to ISP or router/modem setup, I doubt that's the issue because as I said it's working for one of us.
I'm glad you asked this though because I haven't tried it at a different location, I don't have a Laptop that would play this though so I'm just going to use a VPN instead and see if that works.

The Epic Games Store special expires in a few hours, so if I haven't got it working by then I'm just going to buy it from there.
Yes it does suck but at least I know it works and it's only $10, the time I've spent trying to fix this is worth a lot more than that.

I'll let you know if the VPN works or not.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately it didn't work.

I've purchased it through the Epic Games Store.

Thanks for trying to help Arcames, hopefully your suggestion helps someone else who's having the same problem that finds this post.
I've attached a file, a set of instructions I previously posted on Steam - if you still want to give the Steam version a shot in the future (y)

(the picture link was basically the same one as in post #2 https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...825680069317361674/kf2_firewall_allowance.png )

Attachments

• kf2-fix.png
    kf2-fix.png
    94.4 KB · Views: 9
Upvote 0
What the hell happened to my Killing Floor 2, all my Perks are zero, Dosh vault reset. I tried playing for a bit hoping that it will come back but it didn't. It just saves and nothing happened. I already maxed 3 perks to prestige 5.

I've tried:
Reinstalling the game
Validating game files
Disabling the "Keep games saves in the Cloud" option.
A different PC.

None of it worked.

Please help me.

Attachments

• image_2021-06-28_213531.png
    image_2021-06-28_213531.png
    181.4 KB · Views: 4
  • image_2021-06-28_213644.png
    image_2021-06-28_213644.png
    840.2 KB · Views: 2
  • image_2021-06-28_213936.png
    image_2021-06-28_213936.png