• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design No "myLevel" file for textures.

gow3isba

Dec 15, 2012
Trying to just post this screenshot for my map. I import it in the texture browser. I name the package "myLevel" I've even tried "mylevel" I got to click on the texture I uploaded. But there is one problem I don't have the myLevel texture package. I didn't want to post another thread. So I've search Youtube. And all of google I can't find a single article or video for help. Can someone please help me? This is very frustrating.

Trying to just post this screenshot for my map. I import it in the texture browser. I name the package "myLevel" I've even tried "mylevel" I got to click on the texture I uploaded. But there is one problem I don't have the myLevel texture package. I didn't want to post another thread. So I've search Youtube. And all of google I can't find a single article or video for help. Can someone please help me? This is very frustrating.

lol yes very frustrating you want to do?

Upvote 0
lol yes very frustrating you want to do?
lol What? :confused:

When you import textures, static meshes or whatever on "myLevel" these files are saved in the map file itself.
I have no problem with the "myLevel" package for static meshes at all. It's the texture package. It's not showing at all. I save my screenshot/custom textures to it and it's not showing up. And yes, I'm importing them properly.

Upvote 0
Name the group as well as the package and name. Make sure you have the "All" tab selected when browsing your textures. Do not go to open textures to find the mylevel package (it will not be there) go to this instead and select mylevel from the list it provides [url]https://imageshack.com/i/nmdywlj[/URL]

If you import a texture into mylevel but do not apply it to at least one surface it will not save into the map, it will be gone when you close the map and then load your project back up again. What I do when importing custom textures is place a circular bsp somewhere into the map and apply each of my imported textures to one side of it. It acts as painters palette of sorts storing the information of your mylevel textures in the map.

Upvote 0
One thing I noticed when you open either say texture browser, static mesh browser or other, there are TWO ways to access files. One is to hit File.... and look for the package. Thats the wrong way.

There is a white pull down menu just above where the texture browser shows images. You should be able to use that pull down menu and scroll down to mylevel.

One thing about textures - I learned this about a decade ago when I mapped in UT2004, Your images need to be square, and consists of multiples of say 32 or 64.... any combo there of. Like 64x64, 32x64, 128x128, 256x256, 512x128, 512x512...So any combo like that is cool. If the image is not sized right, it should throw an pop up error and not save it to "mylevel".

One other thing, the game can do auto saves, and if you are missing something critical, or make a hiccup and have not saved, I would quickly go into the file and open mode, and look for one of the auto#.rom files for the most current time/date of when you think a good file is, open that, and then save it as another name. Also, it doesn't hurt to copy out a working copy of the map and place it in a safe place just in case something goes amok.

Upvote 0