• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

No more room in hell

SiC-Disaster

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 16, 2005
Netherlands
www.tangodown.nl
Just saw this on Rock Paper Shotgun, and it looks very, very impressive.
Finally a zombie mod on Source that seems to have more going on than 'create random map, add zombies, shoot them'.
And finally some proper Romero-styled zombies too, shambling around in groups!

No More Room in Hell Release Trailer - YouTube

Apparently coming out tomorrow, and im eager to try it out though i never heard about this before :)
I'd say this looks more than a mod, and something i would seem happy to pay for if they went retail with it.

Reactions: Pvt.pile
Yay finally \o/
Yeah .... this mod has had a very very troubled history. Oh the drama!

Great to see that it finally got out the door. For those that don't know, this mod was one of the very first announced mods for Half Life 2. That's how long its been in development!

Of course, it's a very very long story as to specifically why it took this long. I can't wait to play it after all of this waiting.

Upvote 0
Well not to be mean, it looks like its a big accomplishment for this to even see any kind of release at all, but tbh, from this most recent footage it looks very outdated and just amateurish in general. When quality mods like NeoTokyo and Insurgency have lost their playerbases, I can't see how this won't die immediately.

Upvote 0
Well not to be mean, it looks like its a big accomplishment for this to even see any kind of release at all, but tbh, from this most recent footage it looks very outdated and just amateurish in general. When quality mods like NeoTokyo and Insurgency have lost their playerbases, I can't see how this won't die immediately.

Some of the best and still very popular mods have weak art and animations but make up for it with fun and well designed gameplay. Dystopia, zombie panic and battlegrounds are still being played.

Reactions: Pvt.pile
Upvote 0
Some of the best and still very popular mods have weak art and animations but make up for it with fun and well designed gameplay. Dystopia, zombie panic and battlegrounds are still being played.

I didnt mean just visuals. Nothing in the trailer stood out as good gameplay either. Shooting and smacking zombies looks awkward. It does appear to try to be darker and more realistic than those games but I'm just not seeing the point. It seems like they would have been better of making a realism mini mod for L4D. I hope I'm wrong but that's just what it looks like to me.

Upvote 0
Doesnt look outdated to me. If it is, i dont care as long as it plays well.
It has been a long time since there was a proper game or mod with slow Romero-style zombies the way i love them, based slightly on realism and being more than just a shoot-em-up.

Eaxctly, btw anyone know the release time I can't find it on there site?

Upvote 0