• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

No more room in hell

First impressions are good.
Melee is a bit slow and clunky feeling but maybe something you need to adjust to. Zombies are dangerous!
I found a weapon and ammo was very limited so i stuck to melee, but that is very dangerous to do. If a zombie grabs hold of you and manages to bite you, you are as good as infected, though i managed to sustain a few injuries on my first run.

I like how weapons are not highlighted or are giving you a prompt to pick them up too. You have to look for them.
I like how you cant have a flashlight AND a melee weapon, but if you have a pistol you can take out the flashlight and it actually looks pretty good too.

Only pet peeve so far is that bloodspray is exaggerated and very bright.

Upvote 0
What SiC said, but one thing that's just stupid is the whole "lol no hud in the name of realism" thing and general feedback revolving around that. Say you get scratched 5-7 times without getting aids infection (you'll notice it instantly if you got infected) and the next one just kills me without any warning. Well thank you for not giving me any kind of information, I'm very positive nobody wants to know about their general status in a game where it might actually matter a lot. Sprinting fatigue is also one thing that suddenly you just slow down to a 200 year old granny-walking-pace and hear very faint "huff puff" to realise hey I'm fatigued, why not give more obvious clues when I am say running low on stamina so to speak and so on.

The mod definitely has good potential though, I just hope they'll redesign the HUD in the future to give basic information to the player about obvious and relatively necessary stuff instead of having to rely on purely guesswork.

Upvote 0
Second impressions:
Handguns could use a bit more accuracy, especially considering a headshot only counts when you hit the brain.
The game is pretty damn hard, i do a lot of dying :p

There are several crashbugs, and at first i couldnt get 2 maps to work (chinatown and broadway) but if you put this: -dxlevel 80 in the startup line it might work (it did for me).

I like the scope on the M16, it doesnt have some generic texture but is see-through. It seemed a lot more accurate than the handguns too.

Also, beware the occasional runner or little girl zombie :D

EDIT: Also, zombie spawning is a bit out of whack.
It reminds me of the Far Cry 2 outposts where you pass a position, you turn around and walk back and like magic there are zombies again who spawned when you lost sight of that location without any logical way for them to have returned to that position.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I like the game so far -- it's buggy but it has lots of potential. Given how hard it is to find guns and ammo, they really need to pack more of a punch and be more accurate. I'm going to play more and post more observations.

My very first impressions weren't great, considering that every other server I tried to join resulted in a crash, and the first 4 servers I actually joined successfully were full of trolling team killers and hackers. Gotta love source mods!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't really mind the crashbugs, they are annoying atm but they will be fixed. As long as I like the gameplay it's good for me. Only came across one teamkiller. Afaik there are only 3 maps, cabin is an easy man, broadway is hard and chinatown is hell on earth so it seems the maps aren't very well balanced unless it was supposed to be like this.

Upvote 0
Don't read this post as it has nothing to do with the actual game.

I've been trying to fire this thing up since this afternoon. I downloaded the .zip from Fileplanet, no problems, added it to my sourcemods folder, then went into Steam to give it a run.

Well.. turns out I needed to download both the 2006 and 2007 Source SDK, so that added about 8 hours (no exaggeration) to the process since Steam likes to stop and start/pause/suspend your download several hundred times for no reason before it finishes. A download that should take about 40 mins has run all night. It's now 11:30 PM, I'm back home after being out for a bit, the download is done, I try to launch the game...

Steam - Error
The Steam servers are too busy to handle your request. Please try again in a few minutes.

I mean, I know it's sooo 2003 to bash Steam, but really... the convenience of not having to go to the store to buy a physical copy does not outweigh the bull**** one has to deal with at times when it comes to Steam. Hey Gabe - more servers, less burgers.

When Steam decides that I've been a good boy and I can now play my games, I'll come back and post my thoughts on the mod.

Upvote 0
Played a little last night. Well the animations for the weapons where some of the best i have seen the zombies where kinda boring. Tried playing with 4 clanmates but someone would crash on each map load or half way through a map. Might give it one more shot, mostly likely not. Unless you have the SDK already downloaded i have a feeling you will be waiting for it to finish longer then you play.

Upvote 0
Patch out tonight sometime.

here is the changelist:

-Cleared out config_default.cfg except binds (fixes crash when changing maps)
-Fixed godmode when mp_friendlyfire is 0
-Rewrote shaders to be more efficient and prevent crashing
-Fixed viewmodel particles (and flashlight) appearing wrong to an observer
-Tweaked default values of map length, overlord despawn timeout
-Player names should now always appear above the player's head
-Friendly fire damage has been reduced (which is now a convar, sv_friendly_fire_factor)
-Players will not incorrectly turn now if killed by another player (only if killed by headshot by another player)
-Load screen should now show the background for the correct map
-Fixed phalanx bottle orientation on hip
-Fixed phalanx bottle not being removed after being used (causing the floating pills)
-Screen shader effects can be disabled by turning off "nmrih_screenspace" ConVar
-Fixed sv_realism damage
-Decreased cl_npc_interp to 0.1
-Made mp_timelimit 0 mean infinite time on the map
-V and MOUSE3 swapped in config_defaults (VoiceChat = V & Mouse3 = Bash)
-Auto kick players that are idle for x amount of time (set by convar, typing / navigating ui does not count towards activity)
-Implemented Vote Kick / Vote Ban systems
-Added brush entity (func_ff_blocker) that prevents friendly fire for players inside of it
-Fixed two female zombie sounds that were looping
-All zombie hitboxes have been rebuilt
-Lump allocation errors should now be fixed

Upvote 0