• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

No mic volume controls? Lol?

EvilAmericanMan

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 27, 2005
Palm Coast, FL
Look, I know how to play this game. I don't need a trembling nerd voice telling me GO HERE, or DON'T GO THERE, or WE HAVE NO MORE REINFORCEMENTS. I know what to do in what situations. I pay attention to the reinforcements and know to be extra careful when they run out. I don't need the voices in my ear. I especially don't need to hear three guys talking REALLY LOUD about the same bugs that everyone is experiencing. I know your honor level is way too high; so is mine, and so are many other peoples.

If I could lower the mic volume that would be great. But you can't without lowering the game volume. Well, the mic volume compared to the game volume is really loud. I like a loud game and that is annoying that I have to lower it to not have the extremely loud mic receive volume. I went into the configuration and all it does is bring up the steam menu for it, but lowering it there didn't do anything for the game. All its gonna take is one griefer who spams annoying/very loud things into his mic to make my brain explode. And I won't be able to do anything about it except leave or be underwhelmed by level of the explosions and gun shots in the game. I really don't see why we don't have the option to do these things already, if not for the soul fact of the possibility of idiot mic griefers.

And I do fine in tanks by myself, even in a T-34. I don't allow others to tank with me because they're not even guaranteed to have a mic, anyway. And even if they do the input will never be as good as it would be if the tank is completely in my control. Team tanking is only good when you know the other person. I imagine that TWI had friends in mind, and not strangers, when they first put in tanks in the mod, let alone now, when you are able to move the tank while gunning.

Last edited:
People have tried it and said it doesn't work.

Currently VoIP volume is wrapped into SFX volume, as far as I can tell.

The two really need to be broken out into separate volume sliders. VoIP should not be mandatory, and we shouldn't have to drop all of our game sound if people's VoIP is too high/being irritating.....nor should we have to manually adjust the volume of every player on the team to achieve the effect. And people are saying that doesn't even work 100% because not all players are getting reported to the list.

This isn't a serious whine. But they were really consumed with getting VoIP working well they didn't put in clear enough control for it in game. Having people go outside to the Steam controls is work-around, when it works. As a solution it's fairly sloppy. Most games have separated VoIP and game volume in the game menus....it's not an unreasonable request.

Upvote 0