• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

No Login + strange sound

A friend of mine has this strange problem where during playing this game it is suddenly halted by a crash.
After this crash a dialogue window appears with the message "No Login" and a "BRRRRR" noise comes out of the headset.
It leaves him no other choice but to reset his machine. This bug seems to only affects KF and no other Steam games.

He has tried the following:
  • Checking the integrity of the game files and packages through Steam
  • Changing the settings of the download location and deleting system files of the game

I suspect he has either bad sound card drivers or a memory problem.
Can anyone help him out?

Here is the original message (in German)
Sehr geehrtes Steam Support - Team,

beim Spielen des Horror-Survival-Shooters "Killing Floor" tritt im Laufe des Spiels ein erheblicher PC-Absturz auf. W

No idea about the "no login" part, but does his system become completely unresponsive, in that he can't move the cursor, can't press ctrl-alt-del or get back to Windows? If so does he have a Windows system dump in c:\windows\minidump (or the German equivalent)?

If it isn't locking up, and it just has the sound repeating, then it is possible that he has an Asus Xonar sound card, in which case make sure that he has the GX mode turned off, or whatever it is called (it's the X-Fi sound emulation part) as I've had the same thing happen when a game crashes.

Get him to take a photo of the "no login" message on a camera and upload it so we can have a look at it maybe.

Upvote 0
They're all old ones from 2010 (with the errors caused by the display driver), which means either that the system isn't locking up completely or that Windows isn't generating dump files despite crashing. A picture of the "no login" message would be helpful.

He can of course try updating his graphics drivers and making sure that his card isn't overheating.

Upvote 0