• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server No Local Admin Filtering

mikerroni

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 20, 2021
Can someone tell me why my sponsored server gets delisted if I have to remove someone, from my rental server, through the WebAdmin feature?

This makes absolutely no sense, whatsoever and the only thing this does is kill my server due to some arbitrary, new rule, imposed by the geniuses at TripWire: "A new filter has been added to the Server Browser, to include or exclude the servers that have ever used the kick/ban functionalities from the WebAdmin tool." And, "A new icon has also been added to the Server Browser list for these servers." This isn't my problem; you need to fix this situation, immediately, by removing whatever arbitrary and grossly disproportionate policies that are as a direct result of your failures in the first place.

That's cute and all, a new icon flagging anyone who has been forced to use the WebAdmin feature. But, what if someone needs to be removed, permanently, for say, something like discrimination or racism while in game and on voice chat and that problem user has special characters in their name, such as hearts, spades or anything else?

In this situation, I cannot kick the problematic user from my server, while in game, using the "admin Kick [user name]" feature because of the special characters used in the problem users name, thereby bypassing any attempt, by me, to foster a positive environment for all players benefit. And, as a direct result of the problematic users name with special characters, this physically requires me to exit the game, altogether and use WebAdmin feature to remove problematic player for which my server is flagged and delisted for being forced to use the WebAdmin feature in the first place.

But, in doing so, leaving my server and using the WebAdmin tool; then my server gets de-listed and flagged as: "A new filter has been added to the Server Browser, to include or exclude the servers that have ever used the kick/ban functionalities from the WebAdmin tool." Again, this is due to your fault, not mine but yet I am penalized for your failures.

I am left with the opinion that TripWire is all for blatant discrimination and racism while in game and playing Killing Floor 2.

In any event, these failures are yours, not mine; therefore, there is no reason, whatsoever, private individuals should be unjustly penalized due to TripWire's gross incompetence and negligence when forced to try and remedy a situation, which results in a privately sponsored server being delisted from the master server list due to having to use the WebAdmin tool to: "include or exclude the servers that have ever used the kick/ban functionalities from the WebAdmin tool."

Fix it, this is not my problem; it is your problem and it is really easy to make a mountain out of a molehill.

mikerroni

It was all in a lame attempt, they could not think of a better way, to stop those few admins running admin scripts to auto kick players of certain ranks or playing certain roles.

If I understood right, every player can set THAT filter on or off, but by default it is ON. So if you kick/ban some arsehat on your server, the filter is applied. Those that have that filter ON will not see your server in the server list, unless they have it in their FAVS. I still kick and ban players for racial slurs, foulest language of sexual content etc., the filter is applied, BUT, I have seen that it only lasts for a certain period of time.

You are right though, Tripwire's lame attempt to stop some rogue admins is a shotgun approach at best. More were hurt by this little silly feature than it helped! Hence, I will never buy another Tripwire product as over the years, I have seen KF go from a great game to a PITA piece of cow poo!!!

Upvote 0