• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

No fire bug still not fixed

Aegrim

Sep 15, 2011
Happens at random, sometimes not for ages, sometimes quite often. Possibly server/map related?

You pop your head up from cover and there's somebody aiming right at you, you aim perfectly at their head and click, but nothing happens, then get shot in the face. (Often results in inaccurate panicking fire in an attempt to get a round off.)

It's only ever the first attempt to fire of that time you spawned. The second attempt will fire, which makes me think it's possibly a focus problem, maybe the spawn/class menu is taking the focus off the main element of the game and attempting to fire is refocusing it to the game.

Only way to deal with it at the moment is to try to fire every time you spawn, which results in lower accuracy stat, and the possibility of somebody running straight through you and getting shot in the back.

It's one of the top reasons for me getting killed at the moment. Very rage inducing.

It seems that there are several of those "no-shot-fired" bugs currently.

The most widely spread one is the one where you don't shoot your first round after spawning.

Other ones i had several times are:
- Not shooting the first shot after tabbing out and back in
- Not shooting the first shot after pressing escape or the team/roleswitch buttons, pretty much anything that puts up the menu
- Not shooting several shots because the server had a lag

Considering the second of the other bugs i mentioned, this may be an incarnation of the "no-shot-fired-after-spawn" bug, since similiar to spawning you are using ingame-menues.

Upvote 0
So basicly it's where you see an enemy, click to fire and nothing happens? If that's the case then I seem to be getting it recently, post patch.

Yep. I think this is regardless of whether you see an enemy or not. It seems like the mouse-click is sometimes not caught correctly, and the gun just doesn't fire because the click was missed. As far as I can tell there doesn't seem to be a specific situation in which this occurs. The only way to reproduce this is by playing the game :)

I've had this bug since beta btw.

Upvote 0
I've never been able to pin down a cause for the first shot failing to fire bug. It seems pretty random to me. But, it only seems to happen once a round at most, I can deal with it. It's the 3 perfectly ADS'D center chest shots refusing to register on a stationary target 10 feet in front of or moving directly at of you that drives me nuts and gets me killed 2-10 times every single round, depending on the map and how much fighting is indoors/at very close quarters.

Upvote 0