• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mac No achievements with kill count mod

alter_schwede17

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 21, 2012
Ok, I've been having a weird problem. I often play on Mac OS 10.9 and cannot seem to get map achievements when playing on servers that have this mod activated where the kills pop up in green writing (although it's whitelisted).
None of the people I'm playing with (all Windows-users) have had this problem so I guess it's just Mac. I just get the survival-screen like I always do, nothing special.

It's pretty irritating when you just finished a map on HoE so I'd be glad if anyone could help me out here.

It's something to do with mac clients downloading mutators to the wrong location I think.
I think you have to move (& rename) the files in a cache of sorts and install them properly into your KF install for them to work whitelisted.

There's some threads on here that explain the process better, do a google search for 'mac killing floor perk progress' or something and you should find it. Gl

Upvote 0
Thanks for the answer.

I know where the mutators I downloaded myself are (.../KF/System) but I can't find any that were installed when I joined servers. Guess I'll keep looking.
And apparently there's a ~/.killingfloor folder under Linux but I can't find anything like that on Mac.

Curiously I can't find this mutator on a whitelist so far. Is there even a complete up-to-date whitelist atm?

Upvote 0
Fixed

Fixed

Hi, the process to fix it is almost the same as linux users:

1) go to "/Users/Owner/Library/Application Support/Killing Floor/cache"
2) In this folder, you will see a bunch of stuff with .uxx endings. You need to look at the cache.ini file (open it with a text editor, or if you know how just do "cat cache.ini" in terminal) to see what the files actually are.
3) Look for the files with .u in them in cache.ini, and look at the number before the filename. Move the corresponding file from the cache folder, to
/Users/Owner/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/KillingFloor/System

4) If you have python (which all macs do I believe) while I was learning to code I wrote this (really crummily written) program to help automate the process. You can run it from the cache folder. You can save the below script in the cache folder as kfscript.py, then run it with python kfscript.py. I'm not sure if pasting it here will mess up indentation or not

Code:
import subprocess
import shutil
import re
import os

output = subprocess.check_output(['cat','cache.ini'])

array = [w for w in re.split('=|\n|\.',output) if w]
junk = array.pop(0)

for i in xrange (0,len(array)/3):
    source =  array[3*i] + '.uxx'
    if array[3*i + 2] == 'rom':
        destination = os.sep + os.path.join('Users','Owner','Library','Application Support','Steam','SteamApps','common','KillingFloor','Maps') + os.sep + array[3*i + 1] + '.rom'
        shutil.move(source,destination)
        output =  subprocess.check_output(['grep','-v',array[3*i],'cache.ini'])
        os.remove('cache.ini')
        f = open('cache.ini','w')
        f.write(output)
        f.close()

if array[3*i + 2] == 'u':
        destination = os.sep + str(os.path.join('Users','Owner','Library','Application Support','Steam','SteamApps','common','KillingFloor','System') + os.sep + array[3*i + 1] + '.u')

shutil.move(source,destination)
        output =  subprocess.check_output(['grep','-v',array[3*i],'cache.ini'])
        os.remove('cache.ini')
        f = open('cache.ini','w')
        f.write(output)
        f.close()

Upvote 0