• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

2D Art Nice free textures site

This site is a great site and I can see how to get the textures off of the site but now can someone explain how to load it up in PS and convert it if needs be (do we use dds or bmp?). I see how to import it into my level it is just the best format that I dont understand. I just dont think that a 6mb texture will help with rendering at all. Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0
these textures need a helluva lot doing to them before you can use them - I usually take one of the big versions - scale it down to about 1280 minimum dimension then use a fixed size selection box tool of 1024x1024 until I get a segnment I like the look of - no 'hotspots' etc. then copy and paste it into a new file and start doing the work woth the offset filter and various size and hardness clone tools etc. it is a fairly tricky process that definitely needs time and many many false starts to get right. When it's done save as a TGA file then import.

I started a tute a while back but I haven't had time to finish it (or get past the 'digital photography' section tbh:()

Upvote 0