• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Nexuiz

It ran quite bad the last time I tried it (its been a while though, and maybe it was just teh bloom). I didn't like it back then because the weapons didn't make much sense to me. Its ok when weapons look sci-fi but you should still be able to develop a general idea of what it does, just from the look of it.

Do you know Pariah? Every weapon looks like a sci-fi pack of cornflakes and one turns out to be a grenade launcher, the other is some kind of shot-gun, etc. I don't like that, but tastes differ.

Also I didn't like Nexuiz' feel. It felt like a mod who tries to be Quake.

As I said, its been a while and it was pretty early after its first release (or was it beta?) so I might give it another try. Maybe its better now, and maybe it was never as bad as my aforementioned impressions... :p

Are there working bots now?

Upvote 0
It ran quite bad the last time I tried it (its been a while though, and maybe it was just teh bloom). I didn't like it back then because the weapons didn't make much sense to me. Its ok when weapons look sci-fi but you should still be able to develop a general idea of what it does, just from the look of it.

Do you know Pariah? Every weapon looks like a sci-fi pack of cornflakes and one turns out to be a grenade launcher, the other is some kind of shot-gun, etc. I don't like that, but tastes differ.

Also I didn't like Nexuiz' feel. It felt like a mod who tries to be Quake.

As I said, its been a while and it was pretty early after its first release (or was it beta?) so I might give it another try. Maybe its better now, and maybe it was never as bad as my aforementioned impressions... :p

Are there working bots now?

You can disbable the bloom and hdr and alot of those real lightning bullcrap that ****s your computer dry. I have a pretty outdated computer , but the game runs flawlessly with a few video tweaks.

I love the feel of it. There's even those cool hooks that add alot of tense gameplay, and the movement dodging adds a pretty cool effect.

Yeah there are working bots, but I don't know if their skill can be altered or whatever, but they can shoot, which is a plus. :p

Upvote 0
Didn't like it either.
Characters were completely random as were weapons.
Nothing made sense and the game runs too fast for my taste.
Press and hold forward for one second and your player runs towards a wall
at 180km/h. I agree with Murphy.
First time I played I picked up something that looked like a rifle. I went after
an opposing player, hit fire and I killed myself because the weapon was a rocket launcher
after all and I found myself in a tight space.

Upvote 0
Didn't like it either.
Characters were completely random as were weapons.
Nothing made sense and the game runs too fast for my taste.
Press and hold forward for one second and your player runs towards a wall
at 180km/h. I agree with Murphy.
First time I played I picked up something that looked like a rifle. I went after
an opposing player, hit fire and I killed myself because the weapon was a rocket launcher
after all and I found myself in a tight space.

So after 5 min when you realized you didn't recognize the weapons, character or movement, you decided to quit? I'd rather not play with a guy like you anyways, if you're just gonna complain about everything without actually TRYING it.

Characters and weapons aren't random, I have no idea where you get that from. I've played the game a combined 3 hours now only, and I can easily identify all the weapons, and both their primary and secondary fire. 180km/h when pressing W? Sounds like a server or hardware issue, as I've never experienced that.

Upvote 0
It works now. Wow, that game is fast...

In Quake 3 you instantly know what the shotgun does, what that tuby rocketlauncher does and what the plasma gun does. The only thing that is hard to recognize there is the saw (HU-MELEE-ATION!!!). In Nexuiz you have to know your weapons, because you sure can't see what they do once you pull the trigger just from looking at them. Well, that's just a problem for the first few minutes.

A problem that stays (at least its a problem for me) is that the game is so fast. I'm fairly good in UT2004 or Unreal Championship 2 and I used to be good in Quake 3 (but I sukk there now), but Nexuiz is just too fast for my tastes.

Upvote 0
Look.. gameplay..

Error=logic not found in SnotRocket

Error = reading skills not found in skew.

Seriously, if I was talking about how the look was compared to Quake 2, I wouldn't have said Quake2 MP in my original post. By stating MP, it's obvious I was talking about the gameplay from Quake2, not the look. If I was comparing the look, I would have said it is comparable to Quake2.

Upvote 0