• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Next weapons, weekly and maps for 2022? (Ideas or hints?)

With 2022 bringing new content to the game, what do you guys think is next? What do you think or believe will be added for the weapons in the Halloween and Christmas updates, both paid and HRG? Is there a community map you think is next in line for an official release? And any ideas for new weekly challenges? I'd love to hear them and if anyone from tripwire reads this any hints would be great to hear!

With 2022 bringing new content to the game, what do you guys think is next? What do you think or believe will be added for the weapons in the Halloween and Christmas updates, both paid and HRG? Is there a community map you think is next in line for an official release? And any ideas for new weekly challenges? I'd love to hear them and if anyone from tripwire reads this any hints would be great to hear!
I Am a very big seasonal season event fan, I would love to see for Halloween, new Halloween themed map with some traps laid out through the map and would be pretty cool to have grenade launchers shooting small pumpkin heads from the barrels and have some weapon skins along with new character skin themed.

for winter, please make or use a snowy map with lots of xmas trees, lights and decorations with in map, also would like to see traps and objectives too, some winter weapon skins , snow balls weapons and maybe new bot?

Upvote 0
There are two online co-op games I play lately, KF2 and Deep Rock Galactic. And it surprises me that some of the new weapons there (they just got a microwave gun) remind me of weapons in Killing Floor 2. With the addition of self firing sentinels (drones) in KF2, I am now reminded of the auto turrets for the Engineer class in Deep Rock Galactic. I can't help feel that maybe, just maybe...the developers of each are getting ideas from each other.

That said, how about something like the LOK-1 smart rifle in DRG. It's something similar to the Seeker Six but I don't even have to aim with it. It has tracking bullets that hits anything within range... I can even shoot things behind me with this gun... (Plus I'm using an overclock that has bullets that ignore armor and pass through obstacles...)..maybe a bad idea? I personally love this gun though but it runs out of ammo too fast in DRG.

But maybe too many people might get mad with a gun that doesn't require much aiming in KF2.

Anyway, how about a SPACE DWARVEN MINE with tons of colorful crystals for the next map? As a shoutout to fans of both games...

Upvote 0
I mean... There's no real way to know unless you're a Tripwire insider. It's not as if they teased specific maps or something.

We simply know that for the last few years, every update contains :

-1 new map (lately, those are always made by fans and don't really follow the event's theme)
-1 or 2 new HRG weapons
- 1 or 2 DLC weapons
- 1 or 2 new weeklies
- Some hotfixes and balance changes

From there, we can't really guess what's gonna come. Sure, the topics dedicated to coming up with weeklies and weapons might be a guide (as some ideas got turned into the real thing), but that's pretty much it. If there's one thing I can praise Tripwire for, is surprising me with their weapon choices. Not always in the best way however.

EDIT for @Nac : yeah... a gun that can auto-lock on zeds doesn't sound like the best idea. But then again Titanfall proved that it was possible, even against human opponents. Then again the Smart Pistol takes a little while to lock targets and it has a reduced range... Maybe that could be the way to go? But then I fear the exact opposite : people waiting for their gun to lock-on, costing precious seconds, for results that could have been achieved easily at such a close range anyway.

But it's not a harsh no. I mean... The Railgun locks on directly on WEAK points, for the tradeoff of doing less damage. The Seeker Six, despite its lock-on ability, is often frown upon as being far less effective than the good ol' RPG-7. So the matter would be, as usual : balancing.

Upvote 0
That said, how about something like the LOK-1 smart rifle in DRG. It's something similar to the Seeker Six but I don't even have to aim with it. It has tracking bullets that hits anything within range... I can even shoot things behind me with this gun... (Plus I'm using an overclock that has bullets that ignore armor and pass through obstacles...)..maybe a bad idea? I personally love this gun though but it runs out of ammo too fast in DRG.

But maybe too many people might get mad with a gun that doesn't require much aiming in KF2.
The LOK-1 is pretty bad compared to the other guns for Engineer, so I'm tickled that something like it would be suggested as a weapon for this game in the first place.

The thing in KF2 is that, unlike in DRG, 1) everything that isn't a Crawler has a vertical head height differential and very few alternative weakpoints, and 2) the Zeds have no means of vertical traversal like climbing up walls, and 3) by way of point #2, you mostly just face a bunch of Zeds blocking each other, meaning this thing would literally only hit bodyshots on anything non-Crawler and that would only make a difference on EDARs (which are badly designed).

Now, what item recently came out for the game that auto-aims for the player and only hits bodyshots except for incidental headshots on select few enemies, and has a reputation for being annoying and kinda useless to actual good players?

Aiming is part of playing the game. This game was not designed for auto-aim nonsense. The game is already very simple and just requires you to point in the vague direction of the Zeds for half the perks in this game already. Lock-on weapons are overkill and dilute the skill ceiling of perks that require aim.

Last edited:
Upvote 0