• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Next Tripwire game idea

Amen to that brother, but I won't lie... It makes me sad in a way.

Tripwire's hook used to be its attention to details, mostly regarding weaponry. It was always very realistic, in a way few other games (besides maybe Battlefield?) ever did. Too bad it's turning into "comedic gore". But then again : it's easier to sell to a wider market. You just have to see the ludicrous yet very tongue-in-cheek violence in Mortal Kombat for example.

Similarly, KF2 got crazier and stupider customization options, certainly another way to gather a bigger crowd.

I don't want to be that annoying gatekeeper going "but muh niche videogames :mad: ", because I'm definitely happy with the flawed but fun KF2. And it's totally normal that they wish to make more money with their AA games. I just hope it won't get old too quickly. It's totally possible to make a more serious game and still be successful.

Upvote 0
I also want a new Red Orchestra WW2 game. (Germany vs. Soviet)
The most important things to me are gunplay, sound, atmosphere, immersion, animations... In want to feel and breathe in the Battlefield, like I'm there. Hear the birds, wood crack, feel the cold wind, hear guns in the distance, raindrops on roofs...
Tha game should have a soul, a life of its own, atmospheric like modded STALKER games. Dark,gritty, depressing but also beautiful in a way.
exactly, that is these are the magic words: dark, gritty, depressing...

i would also add plenty of foggy, misty, murky, dirty, cloudy, rainy, stormy, windy, tempestuous, turbulent, inclement, types of ambient. Putting emphasis on the noise made by the elements, the guns, the artillery and the tank motor uproar.

That would beat the competitors. More pandemonium, chaos, and havoc during the gameplay, and less political correction.

Reactions: utek
Upvote 0
I'd like it to be another historic FPS game. No more sharks (I'm sure it's a fun game), no zombies or monsters (I'm sure Killing Floor is good though never played it myself), how about a bit of love for the forgotten Korean War? What about WWI? I know that Tripwire could deliver better than Verdun/Tannenberg, though I haven't yet tried Beyond the Wire to see how that compares to Tripwire's WWII games and Vietnam game in terms of magazine management, bayonet removal/attachment, aiming when out of breath, recreation of iron sights and adjustability, etc. Or Hell, how about a top-shelf game set in the US Civil War? I had wanted a proper game set in the Vietnam War for YEARS and Tripwire finally delivered. I may have never known just how much I needed realistic WWII games in my life until I stumbled upon Red Orchestra Ostfront, and then RO2 essentially perfected it. Rising Storm was a fun twist too, in spite of the unrealistic quality of Japanese soldiers becoming somewhat 'bullet-spongey' by conducting a bonzai charge.

From my perspective, Tripwire Interactive is the greatest developer of realistic historic multiplayer war games. It really threw me off when I looked up today to see what they've done recently only to find a game about a shark. The story premise sounds interesting, I'm sure it's a lot of fun, and of course it's their company and they can make whatever games they want and can experiment with different things! I'd just like to see more historic war gems. WWII, covered. Vietnam War, Tripwire Interactive basically owns that conflict in terms of videogames. As for the Korean War, I'm sure a lot of Tripwire fans would reply to that with "They mostly use the same firearms as WWII!" Yes, this is true, which means the game will require less time spent on firearms and more time spent on researching different battles, different locations, different historical events that occurred back then, perhaps time spent on campaign mode, maybe even consideration made to a small single player experience (or a Call of Duty style single player mode where things are told from different perspectives) even though most people would be jumping into the multiplayer.

Also, it's not like North Korea isn't a mainstream issue right now. Granted they were MORE of an issue around 2-3 years ago or so and things have quietened down a bit, but I don't believe that just because the Korean War isn't a particularly popular subject compared to WWII and Vietnam doesn't mean that the game would be dead in the water. Especially if the Chinese were included... after all, the Battle of Kapyong saw to predominantly Canadian and Australian forces fighting off VASTLY numerically superior Chinese Forces. If any nation is the boogeyman of our times, the modern Nazi Germany, it's Commie China. Does Tripwire have the stones to make a game in which the Chinese are portrayed as the enemy of the United States of America?

Yup, I think that settles it for me. What would be a good title?

Korea Divided: North and South

Korea: Communism Rising

Peninsula: The North Invades

The Forgotten War: Korea 1950-'53

Korea at War: The Kim Dynasty is Born

Allied Forces Return to War: North Korea and China

The Cold War is Born: Korea

Upvote 0
It’s interesting that developers will someday have an idea to optimize the size of the game and the game itself as a whole, the 80 gig game itself is already hell, but also a 25 gig server where is it good? then the developers artificially inflate the game
Team Fortress 2 is guilty of the same problem, and if TF2 Classic proved anything, is that it's entirely possible to bring back the game to a more viable state. I'm obviously not asking for KF2 to come back to the early days, without the fantastic map and gun additions they brought ! But at least lowering the amount of ressources it needs would be wonderful... Much needed too really.

Upvote 0
Team Fortress 2 is guilty of the same problem, and if TF2 Classic proved anything, is that it's entirely possible to bring back the game to a more viable state. I'm obviously not asking for KF2 to come back to the early days, without the fantastic map and gun additions they brought ! But at least lowering the amount of ressources it needs would be wonderful... Much needed too really.
TF2 it's old project with evolution,That's project alive and evolution,but tonn files get a very lage size with this game hard to saving on hard. Problem in Devs not worked on game,worked only on cosmetics and adaptation community content,that's very worst :(

Upvote 0
Tha game should have a soul, a life of its own, atmospheric like modded STALKER games. Dark,gritty, depressing but also beautiful in a way.
It's say that the tone of a game should come second : gameplay should always be the main driving force behind a game, even when the story or the aesthetics are the main selling points.

And I don't mean that you can't have a great game without a complex gameplay, far from it ! Some games are more contemplative. Some are more story-driven. Hell, some genres don't even shine through their gameplays, like point and clicks or visual novels ! And that's okay, but even them have to think about how they'll present their content to the player.

So having a grittier, darker game... Why not? But that doesn't give us much hints as to what their next game might be ;-)

Upvote 0