• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Next new content: Darkest Hour Normandy

Testers

Testers

I beg the permisson of RO forums. to make this post if it is against the rules then please delite it I thank you. I have come over here to see if I can recruit more testers for DH, you have to be over 18 and willing to sign a NDA, speak and write english. Be available for testing as required, especially on Saturday night at either 1900hrs or 2000hrs UK time. The more testers we can get the sooner this Mod will be relised .So if you are intrested please pay a visit to the darkest hour web site where you will find a topic called applications. I thank you for your indulgence.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Probably not. Will still be very easy to find servers & play though!
Glad you told me, I'm trying to get a handle on how all these mods work, Theres this one and the North African one floating around too.
So could you give me a quick 1-2-3 on how all this works together?
I know that RO (Which I got through steam and love) is the main game, The North African one and the Normandy one are being built in Conjunction with RO? And so when you load the multiplayer section of RO, these games will auto download as updates to your system?
I'm just an old has been trying to get a hnadle on all these new fangled going ons lol.
Cheers
Hawco

Upvote 0
No Im afraid not!

Have you played any Half Life 1 mods? Basically the site of the mod will offer download links to a zipped or rar'd file. You then install these into the Red Orchestra directory within your Steam folder.

The installation process will dump a launch icon on your desktop where you launch that particular mod only. So if you feel like playing DH, you double click the relevant icon. Same with CC & MN!

In an ideal world, everything would be managed through your RO server browser or you will receive auto updates like games purchased through Steam. But sadly that will not be the case!

Someone correct me if Im wrong!

Upvote 0
Speaking for Darkesthour (Normandy Mod)

our mod is not planned to be downloaded through steam, maybe later if it is deemed by the powers that be to do so.

Our mod will have to be download seperatly, then either using a self installer or by extracting a compressed file into the Redorchestra folder.

the mod itself will be launched Via the steam Mygames tab.

Upvote 0
No Im afraid not!

Have you played any Half Life 1 mods? Basically the site of the mod will offer download links to a zipped or rar'd file. You then install these into the Red Orchestra directory within your Steam folder.

The installation process will dump a launch icon on your desktop where you launch that particular mod only. So if you feel like playing DH, you double click the relevant icon. Same with CC & MN!

In an ideal world, everything would be managed through your RO server browser or you will receive auto updates like games purchased through Steam. But sadly that will not be the case!

Someone correct me if Im wrong!
You have now rocketed your way to the top of my "Help ! how the heck do all these things work list"
I'll shall lurk around here till these are released then put out my plea for help :D

Upvote 0