• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Next new content: Darkest Hour Normandy

number 1: we aren't selling we'd need TWI and Epics permission and we'd have to buy a license..

number 2: if we were going to sell it we'd need to make it a lot higher quality

number 3: i wouldnt want to sell it any way its a labour of love not profit.

i appreciate you all say we shud etc thats a gr8 compliment but im takin it as a fanicful off the cuff remark not something serious...the only thing perhaps a few of us will get out of this if we are lucky is your appreciation and more stuff to add to portfolios in the hope of one day getting a job in the industry.

p.s. Ketch i'd like to know where u get ur info about us lot getting jobs at TWI from, they have a small team and they're a small dev company even if they cud take us on there are far more pro people out there. (no offence meant) but none of us are getting jobs at TWI.

Upvote 0
If I was TWI and had jobs to offer I really would consider giving to one of the mod guys.

The good thing about semi-professionals is u have to pay them less than "real professionals". And I think the mod devs have things (dedication for example) what would make them more valueable than more skilled or expierenced ppl.

Now back to topic, its not important who will work for whom in a possible future ... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Just as a heads up on this off topic topic, many teams, including Tripwire (and Epic, and Valve, and Gearbox, and many others), will look for shipped mod experience for somebody new trying to break into the industry. Moreso then actual schooling on the subject.

Schooling is great, but modding shows dedication to gaming (and by extension game development) and working as a team with limits.

Just to back myself up on this topic I heard Mike Capps (big wig at Epic Games) tell a auditorium full of SCAD (Savanah College of Art and Design) students to go join a mod.

But on the Topic of Darkest Hour and the other mods in development for RO:O. Tripwire has been in many cases impressed with what the community has come up with and what they are working towards. Several of the larger teams have allowed us to preview their mods (such as DH and MN), so I'm not just talking about screen shots and movies when I say this :)

Upvote 0
Wow. Realism on the Wstern Front / Normandy. I'm afraid that Garand will spoil me.

I'm also pleasantly surprised nobody's complaining about Normandy being done to death. I think it's because people know that Normandy hasn't been given the kind of justice that RO can.

I'd love to see the bayonet on the Garand rifle :eek:

Upvote 0
It would have made a better trailer to run the Dog Green map on a 50 player server, 4 guys running up the beach is a wee bit underwhelming :p

Exactly right, this is just a teaser video when we get the 50 players server code and get the Pilot release out, expect a more hectic and realistic feeling than the video shows off.

The Higgins boats are not moving as they should because they are placeholder MOVERS, until we get them coded as Vehicles.

The sea movement as I think I have said before, creating decent water effects is very hard to acheive in RO. the sea does flow in and out you cannot see the overall effect of it in the Video.

All I will say is in testing we have seen that the allies will have virtually the same experience getting off the beach as they did on June 6th 1944.

Upvote 0