• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

News Flash! RO2 Interview + some new footage!

Well I don't understand the hate from "realism players" (if such thing exists in a videogame :rolleyes: ).

If TWI throws laz0rs and lightsabers into RO2 to get better sales, while KEEPING a fully modable game, why are you still crying?? Make your realism server and sail off from the "COD" ones. You can't force people to like Realism mode just by erasing the "COD mode"

Let people choose. If at the end of the day, your "realism server" it's empty, it's because no one likes it, if still crowded, well awesome (because that's the one i'll play). But there's no win for TWI if players leave RO2, in the same way many left RO:OST after a few days of frustration.

Removes sound / Cuts up video in 5 minute segments
faceg.gif

hahahahaha I was mad thinking there was somethng wrong with my sound card xD

"Dammit, but the volume thingy in taskbar still clicks when I move the volume up :mad: "

Last edited:
Reactions: Homuth
Upvote 0
I just have two things to say:
Firstly, I really like what I am seeing here. It's RO1 in a new jacket with some nice new needed features.
Yes there are some things that I do not like, however when was the last time you bought something and you thought it was absolutely perfect?
You can't please everybody at every part of the game. A feature someone things is rubbish is great for another person (even in the same community).

Secondly I hate seeing the assumption being made about the community.
- `Those 14-year old CoD people coming here`
Why would they? Can't quick-scope in RO1 so it's boring. RO2 will probably attract the more serious gamer who stayed with CoD because he didn't know RO1 (for example. me:D)
- "Every server will have stupid CoDdy guns and spray and pray settings"
On what basis? We could also complain that the Mkb42 is frigging awesome but probably all servers will be realism and have them off. Also no basis to support it, so equally probable.
- "It will split the community"
This will happen anyway. It is better than 50% of the people not having the fun they thought they would have.
- "There will be no normal soldiers, in RO1 you were just one of the million ants"
There is nothing said about the prevalence of the guns in the game! It is stated a lot already, but this keeps popping up. Only TWI knows how much of those guns are allowed (vanilla) per side and what happens are heroes only. This footage was firefight so of course they play with the more extraordinary weapons. (hmm, normal pistol or revolver with silencer. I never played with a revolver + silencer ever in a video game, of course I would pick that as a pistol).

I could go on about all the (unfounded) assumptions everyone is making (there will be no good servers near me.. how would you know before the game is launched...)

I am sorry if this is becoming a rant of some sorts (or interpretet that way). I just want to let you guys think about how you support your opinion. Maybe you have a very good reason to support the statement that all servers around the world will not have your settings, but I haven't encountered it.

sorry if it's tl;dr... A lot of assumptions used to support opinons on this forum are actually unfounded.
That actually covers it:D

edit: Also about the silencer, it's a silencer and flash surpressor. The less sound makes it hard to locate the shot and grants you valuable seconds before the enemy knows where you exactly are.
Also, no source could look it up, I thought to read somewhere that surpressors actually increase accuracy. It kind of homogenizes the gas behind the bullet. I have no simpler words to describe it accurately.
Also I don't see how surpressors should decrease stopping power or result in less reliability. Please explain.

Last edited:
Reactions: XDC nOm and Nimsky
Upvote 0
Scumbag journalist.

Uploads RO2 video

faceg.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

I won't comment too much on the rare weapons. I'll just say that TWI has stated many times that the rare weapons will be rare in the game and I trust them to limit the rarities present to only a few per round. Also, they're optional, so that's good.

Did anyone notice the new UI? The menu looks much better now. Still not a fan of the squiggly stamina bar, but that's a minor detail. I agree with Apos, the 'friendlies spawning in plain sight' looks a bit weird.

Other than that, I like what I'm seeing. The recoil looks like it's simulated much more realistically than in RO:O. And the tank combat is so much more streamlined. And probably the most important thing, the RO soul looks like it's still there.

What I'm really missing is 1080p HD multiplayer gameplay video! Footage of a multiplayer campaign battle would be noice. :IS2:

Upvote 0
Read the posts made by Hockeywarrior and Rez.

Apart from a few people it's not really hate, most people are simply alienated and worried.

I just read them :p

But, my opinion stills the same.
For example, If I want to sell popcorn in two flavors (with and without salt), and in my opinion the version with salt is better. There's no point in taking the "saltless" version off the market just beacuse I'm afraid people would like it more. They'll will simply buy another brand.

You can't force people to like realism servers, Lemon. In 3 months (just taking this time lapse from Hockey and rez post), they will leave anyway. And there's no way for control the spawning of "fun" servers with crazy stuff, not if mod tools are released.

faceg.gif

I was mad thinking that my sound card was trolling me xD

"Dammit, but I can hear the click in the taskbar when I move up the sound bar"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You can't force people to like realism servers, Lemon. In 3 months (just taking this time lapse from Hockey and rez post), they will leave anyway. And there's no way for control the spawning of "fun" servers with crazy stuff, not if mod tools are released.

Of course not, but one thing that both were mentioning (and me too before) is that it has to be viable to change the server to barebones. If it can be done with the change of a couple of settings everything should be fine. However, if server admins have to change the available weapons on every map in the map rotation and everything is possible but not easy to do then I can see a lot of server admins simply rejecting this.

Map balance is another problem. If a map is balanced for x amount of x classes and you remove half of the weapons for said classes (and also negate the lvl system and the accompanying boni) then this will completely **** up the map balance.

Reactions: Grobut and Apos
Upvote 0
Moyako said:
I just read them :p

But, my opinion stills the same.
For example, If I want to sell popcorn in two flavors (with and without salt), and in my opinion the version with salt is better. There's no point in taking the "saltless" version off the market just beacuse I'm afraid people would like it more. They'll will simply buy another brand.

I'm just curious if you at least see the point I was making with my post; maybe you were around when 50 player servers came out and how it affected the server landscape, maybe you werent.

Of course we'll have to wait and see how it plays out, but voicing a little concern certainly isnt 'hating' on TWI as some have called it. After all of the enjoyment I've had with the mod and Ostfront over the years, I'd be the last person to show any hate toward TWI even if they chose to chase the larger market and take a different direction with their game.

Your popcorn example, however, isnt really working for me because it's leaving some things out, at least if you're using it while quoting my post.

A company garners a pool of customers because the customers really like their no-salt popcorn, but then said company see's that there is another, larger pool of customers out there who happen to like salted popcorn and starts to then make salted popcorn as well. Soon the salted popcorn is outselling the no-salt popcorn by a huge margin, so much so that the company starts to cut back on the no-salt type and uses it's limited production resources to produce mainly salted popcorn. Now, because production of the no-salt type of popcorn was cut back by a considerable amount, the consumers of the no-salt type of popcorn can no longer find their favorite popcorn in their area.

In this example, the limited production resources are the players of RO. The limited pool of players, consolidated to relaxed realism by a large margin, forces the smaller pool of players, those who enjoy a bare-bones experience, to either play relaxed realism or don't play at all. This could also take into account all of the different game types as well, which would further thin the player pool.

Of course it's okay for a company to make this decision; to create a crossroad in terms of identity for their own product. I'm certainly not saying they can't do that, and I'm definately not throwing any hate or ill-feelings out there at all.. but you'd have to be crazy to think that some of the original pool of customers who loved the no-salt version aren't going to write some letters saying how they used to be able to find their favorite no-salt popcorn in every store in their area, and now the only thing those same stores carry is the salted type.

People have a right to show concern, to voice an opinion, or even speculate.. and it's should be no suprise when some people feel a little alienated. Personally I'm not feeling fully alienated at this point, but my main concern still exists about how the server landscape will develop over time given all of the new variables.

Upvote 0