• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Newbie questions.

Redeemer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 26, 2013
Canada
I've been playing around with the KF editor and I've gotten the hang of basic terrain/lighting/level design but I have a few questions.

1. Is it okay to use resources from other tripwire maps (Like static meshes) in my map? I'd make all of them myself but I don't have the time and I'm just doing this for fun.

2. If I select "Convert > Static mesh" and save a mesh into a new package will my friend have to download that mesh again even if he already has it? I can't seem to find all of the static meshes/textures for some maps but I'm able to convert them from the map directly.

3. Can anyone recommend some good tutorials? Especially tutorials that involve the trader and adding water to a map.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums! :)

1) Yes, you can use all of TWI's resources for any KF related project.
2) Indeed, every external package has to be downloaded from the server or redirect. You can bypass this by using the map internal package called "MyLevel". Just use it as package name for every resource you want to edit.
3) UDN - Epicgames check out the content creation section, there is a lot of stuff about UED 3 including water (FluidSurface).

Upvote 0