• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Zerker Weapon WIP

If you need a coder, im up for it! ;)
Thanks for the offer, however I'm gonna take a stab at it myself first to see what I've gotten myself into. If I hit a wall I'll bring it up :)

bit of an update:
Spoiler!

Now, those are definitely in need of some tweaking. I ask this next question of those who have experience with this sort of thing. Would it be better to work on model/texture problems now or can it be managed later on?

Upvote 0
Now, those are definitely in need of some tweaking. I ask this next question of those who have experience with this sort of thing. Would it be better to work on model/texture problems now or can it be managed later on?
I'd personally say if you know the problem, do it as soon as just to get it out of the way and wont waste more time on it later as you may hit a "wall" where you have to redo stuff cause you thought you'd leave it.

Upvote 0
I'd personally say if you know the problem, do it as soon as just to get it out of the way and wont waste more time on it later as you may hit a "wall" where you have to redo stuff cause you thought you'd leave it.

agreed

any texture/uvw work should be done prior to importing to the editor, as trying to do it after you have done your animations can be a real pain. especially if you decide to change the model.

I would look at smoothing groups prior to texturing too.

Upvote 0
It does have arms, although that pic didn't capture them. I think you see them in only one of the animations so far, but they do exist :p
Spoiler!

And before anyone asks, yes the arms change their texture based upon what character you're using, too ;)
Oh that's awesome! :) I was affraid we use floating FP hands using power of will :D

Upvote 0
Still in progress, nothing big enough for an update yet/haven't had the most time to work on it lately. Cant give all the secrets away before you guys get your hands on it :p

When it reaches beta I'll post a vid of its first trial run against real live zeds.

One question I've been wondering about; How does one change ones spawning loadout for the purpose of testing a weapon? I assume it has something to do with veterancy/perk files but have yet to look into it.

Upvote 0
I just use a simple mut compiled with the weapon for testing

class MutHammer extends Mutator;

function ModifyPlayer(Pawn Player)
{
Super.ModifyPlayer(Player);
Player.GiveWeapon("WhiskyHammer.WHammer");
}

defaultproperties
{
bAddToServerPackages=True
GroupName="KF-MutHammer"