• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Weeklies Ideas

Aleflippy

Grizzled Veteran
  • Sep 18, 2012
    Belgium
    Hi guys.

It's been a while since I've created a topic on these forums, but upon reading that new Weeklies were on the way, I quickly brainstormed some ideas of potential new mods that might add some flavour to the game without needing to build a whole new game on top of it. I would be curious as to which ideas you might come up with since it's always a pleasure to read people's suggestions, even more so considering how creative and thoughtful some of y'all can be.

Anyway, since we're in for eight more mutators, I settled on eight ideas. Feel free to comment on them, improve them or come up with your own

-EXTREME POUNDAMONIUM (yes, all caps, it's important) : the Poundamonium mutator as it used to be in the first game ! That means ONLY Fleshpounds (or, if you so desire, only Quarterpounders... But no other zeds). This weekly would be for the players who beat through everything already and are looking for the ultimate challenge. As a result, I believe exceptionally, you could choose your difficulty for that one, just like in the first game. We could even assume that in normal and hard, you get only Quarterpounders, while you only get Fleshpounds in Suicidal/HoE. The King Fleshpound would have Fleshpound bodyguards by default.

Reward : either the metallic "spine" the fleshpounds have or the light on their torso (customization option)

PS : an alternate title for that weekly (as to avoid confusion) could be "Roid Rage"

-Class Act : during the whole game, only one type of perk (chosen randomly at the beginning of the game) is allowed. Meaning you could have a team of six demolitions, six medics etc. The weekly is set on Suicidal (as it's not that difficult to survive assuming your team knows what to do... Although it would obviously be harder to be only sharps or demo on a cramped map)

Reward : quite obviously a 9mm skin, since it's the only truly "all-perk" gun !

Alternatively : I thought about having your perk change with every wave (during trader time, so you can still buy something catering to your perk)

-Gun Game : truly an FPS staple, it would obviously behave a little differently in a game with weapons tied to "tiers" and a focus on PvE. It would then be more similar to Enter the Gungeon's version than the Counter-Strike one. That's to say that when you get a new gun, you either need to :

-Deal a set amount of damage
    -Wait a set amount of seconds
    -Take a set amount of damage

To switch to a new gun. In order to avoid the same issue that might have plagued Class Act : you can only play as a survivalist for that mod (so you don't struggle even more once you get a T1 weapon in late waves...). Weapons can have any number of upgrades done to them, and any weapon can appear at any time. Difficulty : suicidal (which can be both a blessing and a curse, depending on the RNG)

Reward : either a Killerwatt or Freezethrower skin (considering it's a survivalist-focused weekly)

-Boss Rush : Just in case Poundamonium wasn't hard enough... I shall present to you "boss rush" ! Another staple, but mostly of RPGs, here you will find all five bosses in succession (obviously, with trader time in-between waves... But you'll still start with T1 weapons ! ) For obvious reasons, the difficulty is set on "hard". But I'm considering some way to make the late game challenging too (otherwise, only the first two bosses would truly be difficult to deal with). I don't know how doable that would be, but maybe the latest wave (wave 6, exceptionally) could host TWO bosses instead? This, or make them harder to deal with (new capabilities?) or, the easiest to do I guess, simply increase the amount of zeds that come up to defend the boss.

Reward : it would be hard to choose, so maybe you could replay the weekly five times up until you've defeated all five bosses during the last waves? That way, you could have the boss' head hanging by your side : The Witcher 3 style !

-No Trader : pretty much a staple of new game mode ideas, it's pretty self-explanatory => you can't buy anything during the whole game. However, ammo boxes refills two mags rather than one, and both ammo and armors spawn more frequently. I could also see the spawn pool increased in order to give out better weaponry (pretty much tied to a certain percentage, increasing with each wave : thus let's say that you have a 0.005 chance of spawning a T5 at wave 1 for obvious reason, and a 50% at last wave for example. And different rates for each tiers. Again, survivalists would probably fit better, but this time you can switch your perk on a whim in-between waves in order to take advantage of the weapon you just found). I can also imagine an extra pick-up which would be something like a pile of scraps symbolizing upgrades. One pile = one upgrade. Difficulty setting : suicidal.

Reward : I doubt it would ever be implemented as KF is closer to the end than the beginning... But wouldn't it be awesome to earn a voice pack bringing back the lines from the KF1 trader?

-Poisoned/Wounded : in that weekly, you're constantly losing life (meaning that, as a zerk, you're better off taking the extra HP skill ! In fact, any perk with extra HP would be helped and the medic would be a blessing). This includes trader time, thus meaning you always have to keep your health bar at bay. I'm not exactly certain about the specific rate of the life drain, but it should obviously be slower than the syringe rate (so you could technically, always heal up before dying, unless you're not careful against incoming zeds). I'm thinking of a certain "bloodlust" effect that would basically heal you up as you kill zeds, but I'm afraid it would actually make the mod easier. Maybe I should ban healing period and only allow people to heal by killing zeds? But then the medic would lose its appeal and obviously, you shouldn't lose health during trader time. I guess "hard" would be the only doable option in that case. EDIT : I believe that removing the loss of health during trader time would be fairer. Plus, since Bloodthirst got revealed (and considering Breadsticks' warning that the medic would be too much of a meta-pick), I believe the only way to heal would be to kill zeds as to keep the idea challenging. But then it's just a carbon copy of the official "Bloodthirst"... oh well. Still had the idea before Tripwire revealed it.

Reward : Again, don't know how doable that would be, but having "bloodied" character models would be great. Like giving them bandages, wounds and all... But I guess it would mean creating a new skin for every character. Meh.

-Every Penny Counts : A twist on the "no trader" idea. In that mutator, you actually start with a set amount of money (I don't exactly know how much exactly) but you cannot earn any more of it. Let's say that you start with "10000 Dosh", your first reflex might be to buy the best gun of your perk, stock up and steam-roll the whole playthrough. But keep in mind that you'll need to buy ammo through the whole game... As well as armor. Maybe upgrade your weapons. Thus rushing for that sweet RPG-7 or M99 might not be the wisest idea.

For obvious reasons, that game mode would be set at "long games" (thus 10 waves + boss). I'm considering removing armor and ammo drops to make it more important to be careful of your spendings. Weapons could stay however, as they "only" bring 100D per sell. It could actually be a life-safer if you need to buy 2-3 extra mags.

Reward : A safe full of money that flies out of it (backpack item)

-Radiation Zones : You see those "defend the zones" objectives you love to hate and often causes you to die rather than benefit that sweet extra money? How about making them worse? Basically, as the match goes on, more and more areas are clouded in toxic gas (pretty much similar to the medic grenades, but affecting players instead). Thus, KF2 players' favorite strategy (kiting) becomes waaay harder to do (you can still flee into the gas, but you'll lose health doing so. Again, having a medic is paramount). My two main gripes regarding that idea are performances (would the game run smoothly with that much gas at wave 10?) and how doable would it be at boss wave... Thus again, I'm thinking about setting that one on Hard.

Reward : Probably a HMTech-501 skin (both because of the gas grenades and the role a medic would play in such a mod)

-Bloodthirst : Whaaa, didn't I say I got eight of them? Indeed, but as I don't know if "Radiation Zones" would be doable, here's an extra I pondered. And it's very simple : all zeds, including bosses, benefits from the Rioter boost at ALL TIME. Making every zed that much more threatening. It's basically a spin on an even harder difficulty than Hell on Earth. But in order to make it achievable even by more casual players, I believe it should be kept at "suicidal". EDIT : Nevermind, just realized it is highly similar to "Beefcake" and thus wouldn't be very interesting.

(Note : I would also be keen on one or two extra mutators regarding "full-zed" waves. I believe an all-clot one with increasing spawn pools would complement the Poundamonium one quite well)

Curious as to read your comments and ideas ! Hopefully, you got some even better than mine.

Last edited:
    Hi guys.

It's been a while since I've created a topic on these forums, but upon reading that new Weeklies were on the way, I quickly brainstormed some ideas of potential new mods that might add some flavour to the game without needing to build a whole new game on top of it. I would be curious as to which ideas you might come up with since it's always a pleasure to read people's suggestions, even more so considering how creative and thoughtful some of y'all can be.

Anyway, since we're in for eight more mutators, I settled on eight ideas. Feel free to comment on them, improve them or come up with your own

-EXTREME POUNDAMONIUM (yes, all caps, it's important) : the Poundamonium mutator as it used to be in the first game ! That means ONLY Fleshpounds (or, if you so desire, only Quarterpounders... But no other zeds). This weekly would be for the players who beat through everything already and are looking for the ultimate challenge. As a result, I believe exceptionally, you could choose your difficulty for that one, just like in the first game. We could even assume that in normal and hard, you get only Quarterpounders, while you only get Fleshpounds in Suicidal/HoE. The King Fleshpound would have Fleshpound bodyguards by default.

Reward : either the metallic "spine" the fleshpounds have or the light on their torso (customization option)

PS : an alternate title for that weekly (as to avoid confusion) could be "Roid Rage"

-Class Act : during the whole game, only one type of perk (chosen randomly at the beginning of the game) is allowed. Meaning you could have a team of six demolitions, six medics etc. The weekly is set on Suicidal (as it's not that difficult to survive assuming your team knows what to do... Although it would obviously be harder to be only sharps or demo on a cramped map)

Reward : quite obviously a 9mm skin, since it's the only truly "all-perk" gun !

Alternatively : I thought about having your perk change with every wave (during trader time, so you can still buy something catering to your perk)

-Gun Game : truly an FPS staple, it would obviously behave a little differently in a game with weapons tied to "tiers" and a focus on PvE. It would then be more similar to Enter the Gungeon's version than the Counter-Strike one. That's to say that when you get a new gun, you either need to :

-Deal a set amount of damage
    -Wait a set amount of seconds
    -Take a set amount of damage

To switch to a new gun. In order to avoid the same issue that might have plagued Class Act : you can only play as a survivalist for that mod (so you don't struggle even more once you get a T1 weapon in late waves...). Weapons can have any number of upgrades done to them, and any weapon can appear at any time. Difficulty : suicidal (which can be both a blessing and a curse, depending on the RNG)

Reward : either a Killerwatt or Freezethrower skin (considering it's a survivalist-focused weekly)

-Boss Rush : Just in case Poundamonium wasn't hard enough... I shall present to you "boss rush" ! Another staple, but mostly of RPGs, here you will find all five bosses in succession (obviously, with trader time in-between waves... But you'll still start with T1 weapons ! ) For obvious reasons, the difficulty is set on "hard". But I'm considering some way to make the late game challenging too (otherwise, only the first two bosses would truly be difficult to deal with). I don't know how doable that would be, but maybe the latest wave (wave 6, exceptionally) could host TWO bosses instead? This, or make them harder to deal with (new capabilities?) or, the easiest to do I guess, simply increase the amount of zeds that come up to defend the boss.

Reward : it would be hard to choose, so maybe you could replay the weekly five times up until you've defeated all five bosses during the last waves? That way, you could have the boss' head hanging by your side : The Witcher 3 style !

-No Trader : pretty much a staple of new game mode ideas, it's pretty self-explanatory => you can't buy anything during the whole game. However, ammo boxes refills two mags rather than one, and both ammo and armors spawn more frequently. I could also see the spawn pool increased in order to give out better weaponry (pretty much tied to a certain percentage, increasing with each wave : thus let's say that you have a 0.005 chance of spawning a T5 at wave 1 for obvious reason, and a 50% at last wave for example. And different rates for each tiers. Again, survivalists would probably fit better, but this time you can switch your perk on a whim in-between waves in order to take advantage of the weapon you just found). I can also imagine an extra pick-up which would be something like a pile of scraps symbolizing upgrades. One pile = one upgrade. Difficulty setting : suicidal.

Reward : I doubt it would ever be implemented as KF is closer to the end than the beginning... But wouldn't it be awesome to earn a voice pack bringing back the lines from the KF1 trader?

-Poisoned/Wounded : in that weekly, you're constantly losing life (meaning that, as a zerk, you're better off taking the extra HP skill ! In fact, any perk with extra HP would be helped and the medic would be a blessing). This includes trader time, thus meaning you always have to keep your health bar at bay. I'm not exactly certain about the specific rate of the life drain, but it should obviously be slower than the syringe rate (so you could technically, always heal up before dying, unless you're not careful against incoming zeds). I'm thinking of a certain "bloodlust" effect that would basically heal you up as you kill zeds, but I'm afraid it would actually make the mod easier. Maybe I should ban healing period and only allow people to heal by killing zeds? But then the medic would lose its appeal and obviously, you shouldn't lose health during trader time. I guess "hard" would be the only doable option in that case.

Reward : Again, don't know how doable that would be, but having "bloodied" character models would be great. Like giving them bandages, wounds and all... But I guess it would mean creating a new skin for every character. Meh.

-Every Penny Counts : A twist on the "no trader" idea. In that mutator, you actually start with a set amount of money (I don't exactly know how much exactly) but you cannot earn any more of it. Let's say that you start with "10000 Dosh", your first reflex might be to buy the best gun of your perk, stock up and steam-roll the whole playthrough. But keep in mind that you'll need to buy ammo through the whole game... As well as armor. Maybe upgrade your weapons. Thus rushing for that sweet RPG-7 or M99 might not be the wisest idea.

For obvious reasons, that game mode would be set at "long games" (thus 10 waves + boss). I'm considering removing armor and ammo drops to make it more important to be careful of your spendings. Weapons could stay however, as they "only" bring 100D per sell. It could actually be a life-safer if you need to buy 2-3 extra mags.

Reward : A safe full of money that flies out of it (backpack item)

-Radiation Zones : You see those "defend the zones" objectives you love to hate and often causes you to die rather than benefit that sweet extra money? How about making them worse? Basically, as the match goes on, more and more areas are clouded in toxic gas (pretty much similar to the medic grenades, but affecting players instead). Thus, KF2 players' favorite strategy (kiting) becomes waaay harder to do (you can still flee into the gas, but you'll lose health doing so. Again, having a medic is paramount). My two main gripes regarding that idea are performances (would the game run smoothly with that much gas at wave 10?) and how doable would it be at boss wave... Thus again, I'm thinking about setting that one on Hard.

Reward : Probably a HMTech-501 skin (both because of the gas grenades and the role a medic would play in such a mod)

-Bloodthirst : Whaaa, didn't I say I got eight of them? Indeed, but as I don't know if "Radiation Zones" would be doable, here's an extra I pondered. And it's very simple : all zeds, including bosses, benefits from the Rioter boost at ALL TIME. Making every zed that much more threatening. It's basically a spin on an even harder difficulty than Hell on Earth. But in order to make it achievable even by more casual players, I believe it should be kept at "suicidal".

(Note : I would also be keen on one or two extra mutators regarding "full-zed" waves. I believe an all-clot one with increasing spawn pools would complement the Poundamonium one quite well)

Curious as to read your comments and ideas ! Hopefully, you got some even better than mine.

I did make a post on the topic before the weeklies were announced, and it appears a lot of our ideas are one and the same: Gun Game, No Trader, Class Act, Boss Rush. But then again you went as far as the appropriate rewards for each weekly, which I regret not doing now. Here are my suggestions for weekies if you want to have a gander...

(I might go back and think of weekly rewards now you've mentioned them hahah)

I feel like weeklies like Radiation Zones and poisoned/wounded would be cheesed tf out of with FM though.

Upvote 0
    I did make a post on the topic before the weeklies were announced, and it appears a lot of our ideas are one and the same: Gun Game, No Trader, Class Act, Boss Rush. But then again you went as far as the appropriate rewards for each weekly, which I regret not doing now. Here are my suggestions for weekies if you want to have a gander...

(I might go back and think of weekly rewards now you've mentioned them hahah)

I feel like weeklies like Radiation Zones and poisoned/wounded would be cheesed tf out of with FM though.
    Sorry, for a solid two months I simply didn't come that much to the forums. Got busy with school and exams ! I'll go take a closer look ASAP.

Thanks for your input ! It is true regarding FM and I did try to come up with stuff that would force you to be either a bit creative or to have a peculiar team comp, but it is difficult make weeklies NOT tailor-made for some perks (I believe everyone completed "Cranium Cracker" as a GS or SS ! )

I'll edit my post and try to come up with something better. Although let's be real : the main problem is that the medic is waaay too versatile. But other than that, it is to be expected that having a medic on the team makes everything easier... It happens in every team-based game with such a class. Being kept alive for longer is just too good to pass up. But I concur that weeklies should also be challenging (in addition to being fun). Mind you however, "Bloodlust" which was revealed in the latest Merc Report is highly similar to Wounded, except that you regain health by killing zeds rather than having to rely on your syringe... Arguably, I believe it is a better way to avoid cheesing the medic's better healing properties and faster reloads (of the syringe)

Upvote 0
    Sorry, for a solid two months I simply didn't come that much to the forums. Got busy with school and exams ! I'll go take a closer look ASAP.

Thanks for your input ! It is true regarding FM and I did try to come up with stuff that would force you to be either a bit creative or to have a peculiar team comp, but it is difficult make weeklies NOT tailor-made for some perks (I believe everyone completed "Cranium Cracker" as a GS or SS ! )

I'll edit my post and try to come up with something better. Although let's be real : the main problem is that the medic is waaay too versatile. But other than that, it is to be expected that having a medic on the team makes everything easier... It happens in every team-based game with such a class. Being kept alive for longer is just too good to pass up. But I concur that weeklies should also be challenging (in addition to being fun). Mind you however, "Bloodlust" which was revealed in the latest Merc Report is highly similar to Wounded, except that you regain health by killing zeds rather than having to rely on your syringe... Arguably, I believe it is a better way to avoid cheesing the medic's better healing properties and faster reloads (of the syringe)
    Don't sweat it, we all got life stuff going on. You can't always be around when you wanna be.

You might as well keep your ideas in, no point changing them when it makes good discussion and points you in the right direction.

Upvote 0