• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Weapons

No one ever said anything about adding the MG-42. In fact, I am pretty sure TWI said that they wouldn't ever add it. All you saw were countless threads of people saying that they needed the MG-42, when really, the MG-34 does the job more than well enough.

And I have no idea about Rising Storm.

I don't think that entirely true.

This game needs new weapons and more maps. If anything it needs to expand away from Stalingrad. We're already seeing that in many of the custom maps but it needs more.

Upvote 0
I dont want to sound like a n00b but will they be 'rubber stamped' by Tripwire, so to speak, and then added to game for all but will it just be special servers?
that depends on how much TWI likes them. would it matter anyway? if I like them, i'm gonna play on servers that use them and avoid those that don't. the campaign mode isn't supported by TWI but that's not stopping servers from running it and lots of people play it.

Upvote 0
I dont want to sound like a n00b but will they be 'rubber stamped' by Tripwire, so to speak, and then added to game for all but will it just be special servers?

The moders have mentioned they've gotten a lot of help from TWI, so I don't see why they wouldn't white-list them, if they're already supporting them.

TWI has a pretty good history of supporting the mod community, what with community made maps and mutators. After all, they started as a mod team themselves.

Upvote 0
Are you kidding? Do you really want to see prototype weapon like Type 5 in RS? RS don't need the Japanese copy of Garand which was used at the end of the war.

I personally expect for Type 44 Carbine or M3 Grease Gun or other non-prototype weapon.
It would have to be for elite only or at high level status to unlock.

Id love to see the grease gun now you mention it!

Upvote 0