• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New weapons patching

Hipocracy

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
i think it would be great of tripwire released an update once every month for awhile that added one extra weapon that was slightly different from the ones that are already in the game but are balanced and use nearly the same animation to give more variety and longevity i would personally like a M4A1 carbine in the game with less weight and less recoil but slightly less damage/accuracy

your thoughts?

My thoughts are that any AR wouldn't be different enough to be worth the effort to choose between it and the SA80.
My thoughts are that any lever-action/bolt-action/semi-auto rifle wouldn't be different enough to be worth the effort to choose between it and the winchester.
My thoughts are that any rocket-launcher wouldn't be different enough to be worth the effort to choose between it and the LAW.
My thoughts are that any dual-barreled wouldn't be different enough to be worth the effort to choose between it and the current one.

These are weapons that serve a purpose. Another AR would preform basically the same as the SA80, especially if it's still 5.56. Even if you put in a 7.62 rifle, it's still basically the same rate of fire and all, just less accurate, more recoil, and more damage. It's still basically fufilling that well-rounded role.

These are things that only add to the visuals of the game, and not the gameplay. Those are my thoughts.

A machinegun would maybe be nice but it doesn't fit with KF because you'd move so slow and be taking so many kills from your allies when you didn't have to worry about movement.

A grenade launcher is really the only thing that is lacking. It's significantly different from all the weapons.
And incendiary grenades could be nice as long as they don't make the flame thrower useless. Flashbangs or some kind of gas would add to the gameplay too.

More specimen types could add to the gameplay(dual-sword-arm gorefasts, bloats without axes that belly slam you, maybe stuff like that) a lot more time spent making new weapons that modders can easily do.

While modders can enhance gameplay with randomized maps, objectives starting on waves, story mode type stuff like "The Hive", they are more 'important' to me, because they enhance the standard gameplay more than added weapons do, and it's VERY easy for modders to just add in new weapons but not as easy to incorporate a randomized level and objectives system.

Upvote 0
A while back, there was a mutator called Ballistic Weapons that, when used in conjunction with KF, added a vast amount of weapons to the game. The mutator itself was excellent because it could be fine-tuned, so you could adjust the damages, as well as the recoil present on each individual weapon, making the game as much (or as little) of a challenge as you wanted.

As far as weapons, there was everything from .357 Revolvers to Plasma Cannons... Katanas to Grenade Launchers... Remote Mines to Lightning Rifles.

This just goes to show what a dedicated modder could be capable of with the KF SDK.

Upvote 0
I'm actually stunned that bolt-action rifles haven't been revealed for the weapon roster yet. I love Bolt actions, you really have to make every shot count, it would really make the game more tense when a mutant is chasing you down while you're carefully trying to pop his face!

Kar98k or maybe a Lee Enfield to satisfy my friend for the game please!

Upvote 0
Yeah, that has nothing to do with Killing Floor though.

You don't want them to stain their reputation by not supporting this game post-release, just so you could get your game faster, do you? Cause that's damn selfish.

Well excuse me for caring more about RO2 then about KF :p
But i guess now that Alex and his crew have been taken in that they could remain to work on KF and the rest of TWI continues on with RO2.
Actually it would not surprise me if that would be the case, since RO2's announcement had to be rushed and they have some catching up to do in terms of PR.

Upvote 0
Yea, the introduction of a new weapon or 2 once in a while (among other things) does somewhat increase the longevity of a game for me anyways.

Say a rapid firing banana that shoots acid?
How?
This isn't TF2 where you have things like energy drinks and backburners.
All the weapons pretty much act the same as one another.
You have high ammo pistol, and higher damage more expensive pistol. They're virtually the same. You want a 3rd pistol that'd do.. what exactly? It would hardly make a difference to the game.

Adding a bolt action rifle would hardly be different from the lever-action rifle. IF you want reskins, those are easy to mod.. they don't really impact the gameplay like non-reskins would.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
People just like new stuff that looks cooler. That's all. Nothing wrong with that.

Reskins, sure? Nothing wrong with that either, but alot are poorly done.

Doesn't matter if you care about RO2 more, doesn't mean they should just completely drop support so RO2 can be released faster. That'd be really bad for reputation, and I doubt they'd do that anyways. :p

Upvote 0