• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

new weapons?....like..

I really think the Soviets need an anti tank gun. At the moment the only chance an infantry has of destroying a tank is being a sapper, killing a sapper and taking his satchels, or stealing a panzerfaust. While the german anti tank soldiers spawn with a good weapon and three panzerfausts.

Yeah. Historically, the Soviets didn't invest much into anti-tanks weapons for infantry, but rather gave them more AT guns and fielded more tanks.

However, they did use a great deal of Molotov cocktails on both sides. Most of the pre-1942 tanks (T-34, PzIV, StugIII) could be disabled (and sometimes killing the crew or badly maiming them) by a well place Molotov cocktail on the engine grill.

Sometimes if you threw it on the turret or drivers hatch, the burning liquid would seep through the cracks and get on the crew.

Tigers, Panthers, and IS-2s were actually designed to prevent such happenings due to better seals on the hatches and engine exhaust.

Upvote 0
there was a time in the war that Russians used captured Panzerfausts against German armor the Called in it RPG-1(i guess they captured alot of them :D)
the Russians need the Zis-2 AT cannon and not that lame 45mm gun(that is good vs Pz.IV but not vs a Panther or a tiger cuz i guess it won't penetrate the armor)
and about aa guns in the russian side....they had a 37 mm aa gun that looks like the bofors 40 mm but it's kinda diffrent
they had 85mm Heavy aa gun that could destroy Heavy German tanks...that gun was later added to the SU-85 and the T-34
if more AT guns will be added i would like to see the
BS-3 100 mm AT gun
D-48 85 mm AT GUN
F-22 76.2mm Heavy AT Gun

germans

Pak 40
Pak-43 88-mm AT gun

Upvote 0
The RPD was not introduced until 1946 according to the sources I've read.

However it would be damn nice just as a niche thing to have a map based around the battle where the Russians fielded the SKS to trial it in combat conditions.

Argh, Bloody Lazy Americans, should've kept fighting on foot so we'd get new weapons! Of course, the History books would have to add a few more digits and include a lot more pages, but its all about implementing lol

Upvote 0