new weapons?....like..

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

vlad_k

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 1, 2007
SKS and RPD could Be added?...
because those weapons began to show up in 1944-1945
and what about the DsHk?

Tairos

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 3, 2006
It would be nice if they would fix what is already here before adding new things. I know that isn't as sexy, but it would be helpful.

vlad_k

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 1, 2007
yeah i know they need to fix some things..but..it's not realistic that in 1944 maps..russian troops used DP1928 :S
and im preety sure they use HMG like DsHk

vlad_k

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 1, 2007
Static MG's=Dshk with Tripod
or Mounted on IS2=DsHk-T
RPD=Replaces DP1928 From 1944 till' the PKM introduced in 1964
SKS>>Replaces SVT40 from 1944 until the AK47 introduced

Trendkill

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2006
Dorset, UK
DsHK would be hard to implement as an infantry weapon as it was either on a tripod or Maxim style wheeled mount.

vlad_k

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 1, 2007
welll that's what i was saying...a static weapon....
but i bet implanting the RPD,SKS and other things won't be a problem at all..
and a DsHk can be mounted on a IS2>>>DsHk-T

PUTZ

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Baltimore, MD, USA
Tke SKS wasn't produced in significant numbers to be worth the time to implement.

Would be nice tho...but I don't see it happening.

Petr[o]v*

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 10, 2007
Russian Federation
I really think the Soviets need an anti tank gun. At the moment the only chance an infantry has of destroying a tank is being a sapper, killing a sapper and taking his satchels, or stealing a panzerfaust. While the german anti tank soldiers spawn with a good weapon and three panzerfausts.

Funker42

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 4, 2005
I really think the Soviets need an anti tank gun. At the moment the only chance an infantry has of destroying a tank is being a sapper, killing a sapper and taking his satchels, or stealing a panzerfaust. While the german anti tank soldiers spawn with a good weapon and three panzerfausts.

Yeah. Historically, the Soviets didn't invest much into anti-tanks weapons for infantry, but rather gave them more AT guns and fielded more tanks.

However, they did use a great deal of Molotov cocktails on both sides. Most of the pre-1942 tanks (T-34, PzIV, StugIII) could be disabled (and sometimes killing the crew or badly maiming them) by a well place Molotov cocktail on the engine grill.

Sometimes if you threw it on the turret or drivers hatch, the burning liquid would seep through the cracks and get on the crew.

Tigers, Panthers, and IS-2s were actually designed to prevent such happenings due to better seals on the hatches and engine exhaust.

vlad_k

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 1, 2007
there was a time in the war that Russians used captured Panzerfausts against German armor the Called in it RPG-1(i guess they captured alot of them :D)
the Russians need the Zis-2 AT cannon and not that lame 45mm gun(that is good vs Pz.IV but not vs a Panther or a tiger cuz i guess it won't penetrate the armor)
and about aa guns in the russian side....they had a 37 mm aa gun that looks like the bofors 40 mm but it's kinda diffrent
they had 85mm Heavy aa gun that could destroy Heavy German tanks...that gun was later added to the SU-85 and the T-34
if more AT guns will be added i would like to see the
BS-3 100 mm AT gun
D-48 85 mm AT GUN
F-22 76.2mm Heavy AT Gun

germans

Pak 40
Pak-43 88-mm AT gun

Reddog

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 7, 2005
Australia
The RPD was not introduced until 1946 according to the sources I've read.

However it would be damn nice just as a niche thing to have a map based around the battle where the Russians fielded the SKS to trial it in combat conditions.

vlad_k

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 1, 2007
wikipedia says that....1945 till' now(terrorists still use the RPD)
and the ROF is 150 RPM

Scipiiouse

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 19, 2006
The RPD was not introduced until 1946 according to the sources I've read.

However it would be damn nice just as a niche thing to have a map based around the battle where the Russians fielded the SKS to trial it in combat conditions.

Argh, Bloody Lazy Americans, should've kept fighting on foot so we'd get new weapons! Of course, the History books would have to add a few more digits and include a lot more pages, but its all about implementing lol

Luomu

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 20, 2007
We need the 7,62mm 1895 Nagant revolver!
After 7 shots you spend the rest of the day reloading.. :)
And the stopping power is bad.

But it was issued a lot.