• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New weapons in lower tiers.

C_Gibby

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
What the title says ^

Basically, weapons with the same(ish) stats but with a different model, sound and animation. :)

As a starter, the lever-action rifle holds 10 rounds. A bolt-action rifle will hold 10, too (realistic for some rifles). Both rifles are very accurate. They both have a delay between shots (cocking). It's for people who want guns that function and look differently, as if it was eye-candy for gun nuts. If not the same weapons, maybe bridging the gaps between other tiers? just like JackCarver's Mk.23 .45 (I would still personally like to see an old-fashioned colt.) That weapon is for the people who like the functionality of the 9mm, but want a little more power but do NOT want a handcannon, or for those who dont like crossbows, but want to use a fancy rifle that isn't the spammy M14, and so on.

The point of this is that these guns in lower tiers give us players variety in the weapons we choose. The best part is, it gives us the variety but has no way of totally ruining the game balance. Each "new" weapon sits in the Middle point between two tiers. Like the Mk.23 mod, it sits neatly inbetween tier 1 & 2, introducing tier 1.5 :D

My own personal suggestion would be to have something like a Bren Gun bridging the gap between AK and SCAR. Not too much more damage than the AK, and has increased recoil, and a 40-shot capacity. Just throwing it out there :rolleyes:
Thoughts? :D

firebug was such a last minute decision in KF mod, last update came (2.5) and it was like, "uh heres a flamethrower! and btw, theres perks now, and uh yeh!"

now were all left scratching our heads thinking, "uh so where do we take this perk now?"

I get tired of Firebug haters, (even if its complaining they don't have enough weapons.) FIREBUGS = FLAME THROWERS. There is not alot you can do with it, and it's one of the most powerfulest perks in the freaking game. a commando has to bow too it, however yeah they sometimes cant do alot of damage but they can change the usual requirement of 5 ak shots or 3 ak shots to a gorefast or too a bloat too 1.

ALSO: flame nades in dire situations be the ****.

P.S. Not a huge fan of the idea.

Upvote 0
I guess. It's just deciding what the firebug needs is a real bugger. Firebug = flamespammer. Not much else to think of other than things that seem like they belong in other perks.
Even if it's just a freaking hairspray can + lighter as a tier 1 weapon to fall back to if your flamer runs dry that you can also use as a fire grenade with altfire or something, the firebug needs 2 new toys.

In fact more than enough suggestions have been made.
Some of which, like a gas can to produce lasting walls of fire, are pretty good. Ideas are not the problem.

Upvote 0
Even if it's just a freaking hairspray can + lighter as a tier 1 weapon to fall back to if your flamer runs dry that you can also use as a fire grenade with altfire or something, the firebug needs 2 new toys.

In fact more than enough suggestions have been made.
Some of which, like a gas can to produce lasting walls of fire, are pretty good. Ideas are not the problem.

Yeah,I agree. A flare gun would also be a nice touch. I don't care what weapon it is, I just want some new things that I can mess around with as a firebug

Upvote 0
I'm all for this. Adding a teir 4 just seems like too much power, but lower teir weapons with unique stats or attributes would be great for adding some variety.

I would also like to see some items in the 1-3 weight blocks area. All too often I have extra carry room and am left with only 1 or 2 choices.

If there is one thing I want for the future of KF, it's variety in weapons, maps, and specimen.

Upvote 0
Yeah,I agree. A flare gun would also be a nice touch.

Sorry to go slightly off track, but am I the only person that thinks a flare gun would be totally useless? I see it in threads all over the place, and it actually concerns me that it MIGHT be implemented.

Its damage would be insanely low, I mean its pretty much just a firework as far as I understand it... and how much damage do fireworks do? I've seen plenty of really bad injuries with a rocket firework... but not very many deaths at all, and a flare gun would be even worse for killing someone. (Sorry if I touch a soft spot btw :))

Its reload is horrendous for such poor damage, each shot would take about as long as the M79.

Flare guns aren't designed to set things on fire, their designed to create a bright light in the sky. And ignitions are the last of the firebugs problems, its dead easy to set anything on fire with the normal flamethrower.

On topic: Firebug needs a tier 1 weapon, like a spray can, or a blow torch or a shrunk down thermal lance or something. But a flare gun? No thankyou :)

Upvote 0