• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Weapon Suggestions

Wytchphyre

Oct 27, 2020
Circut Judge .410- $650

1603863395129.png
Sharpshooter / Support
Weight: 4 blocks
Medium damage, very tight choke firing only 4-5 projectiles. 5 round cylinder with reload speed like the 500 magnum.

The purpose of this weapon would be to add an accurate shotgun to the lower price bracket. A head-shotgun if you will. It would have either a red dot/ring sight, or a Acog style low zoom scope. It would add twofold functionality to both Sharpshooter and Support. Sharpshooter would gain access to a gun *just* powerful enough to take out trash zeds with twitch-shooting-chest-shots while on the move. And Support would gain a gun that's reliability capable of getting headshots at the end of a medium length hallway.

Thompson Contender .50 Beowulf HE- $750

1603898145042.png
Sharpshooter/Demolitionist
Weight: 3 blocks
Firing .50 Beowulf High Explosive rounds with a time delay impact fuse.

This early purchase has a power level just below the desert eagle. Each round explodes 1sec after it makes contact, and does double damage on headshots and weak points. It's recoil is huge, and it's single shot action gives it a slow reload. What it does have, is a fantastic scope for a gun this cheap, and enough damage to rely on it for Skrake removal. Sharpshooter gains a great scope earlier on... At the cost of reload speed, and being forced out of your great scope by the reload animation every shot. Where the Demolitionist gains a gun that's much more capable of getting headshots that anything else in its arsenal, and can finally make use of the 'extra direct damage' perk choice.

Kal-Tec Pmr 30 .22 magnum - $550

1603904015368.png
SWAT (Single) /Gunslinger (Dual Wield able)
Weight: 2 blocks
Firing the anemic .22 magnum this gun achieves nearly 9mm performance with 30 rounds on tap, this model has been upgraded to fire in full auto with the alternative fire when firing with two hands. When dual wielding it is automatically set to single shot, and alternative fire changes the ADS to use the red dot. In single shot mode, a green Lazer sight is activated.

This extremely low recoil option is a head popping machine against weak zeds and makes for a great early buy for SWAT, and a pair of them puts so much lead downrange that Gunslinger can make use of them in the late game. The Lazer sight makes the PMR the obvious choice for the hipshot headshot marksman. It's single shot would do less damage on a body shot than the 9mm, but it would get a headshot damage bonus. The full auto would have very low spread, and a slight damage increase over single shot, but no critical multiplier. This gun only takes up 2 blocks, because a fully loaded PMR 30 with extra magazine, weights less than a loaded Glock 17 with no extra mags.

Baretta 93r 9mm- $900

1603908513319.png
Commando (Single)/Gunslinger (Dual Wield)
Weight: 3
This select fire pistol comes with 3 shot burst and auto modes. Firing 9mm full metal jacket ammunition it has very high penetration, but relitavely low damage.

When firing a single 93r recoil is reduced due to the foregrip, and the shoulder brace. The 3 round burst has some 'flip' to it. (like the AK) the full auto however climbs up very quickly. When dual wielding the shoulder stock and foregrip are folded up, and it's automatically set to 3 round burst, alternative fire changes ADS. The relitavely low weight make this a viable backup gun for a commando, especially one packing a mini gun or a stoner. As for gunslinger, this opens a 3 round burst option for them allowing quicker trash clears and deeper ammo reserves with more damage per shot than the PMR or other options. However this would be simply the worst about recoil, possibly even worse than the glock 18 to compensate.

Supressed FAMAS 5.56 w/ Single Shot 10g Shotgun- $1100

1603912086031.png
Commando/Support
Weight: 7
(note: in the above photo a grenade launcher is pictured. Simply remove the grenade style sight and this photo would look 90% correct.)
This rifle comes in 3 shot burst mode only, and deals damage at a slightly lesser rate than the ak47. The magazine carries 33 rounds of frangible ammunition by default, and has similar characteristics to the Rhino. Underslung is a single shot 10g shotgun, it reloads at the same rate that the m203 does, and has high penetration and wide spread.

This allows Support the ability to work at range in the same way that the m16/m203 gives to the Demolitionist. Relitavely few shots (11 trigger pulls per mag) keeps a Commando weapon from becoming must take on Support. The single 10g shell should be roughly as powerful as the alt fire on the boomstick. This also allows the Commando a potent tool to stagger charging Flesh pounds, and a 3 shot burst option with underslung versatility. The frangible ammunition, with its chance to deflect off walls and floors allows for sloppy snap shooting so often favored by support players, while still allowing for ranged shots that don't feel gimped on Commando.

Mk4 L2A3 smg $1300

1603917708568.png
SWAT/Berserker
Weight: 5
This 34 round smg is a sturdy killstick. With no ADS function, RMB instead being replaced by a hard forward stab that can be performed while shooting, and counts as a hard melee for the purpose of perks. The melee button clubs with the stock, and counts as light melee for the purpose of perks. Alternate Fire however, acts as a parry. Left click fires 9mm full auto only with wide spread but low recoil.

After the addition of the Mosin Nagant I've been dying to get a few more things with bayonets into the game. This opens up SWAT's playstyle while leaning into the brutal nature of the class, all while bringing some much needed ranged capability to Berserker. With lower damage per shot than the nailgun, the Berserker gains little by stacking up guns. They do however, gain a weapon capable of taking care of swarming trash a few layers deep. Not a gun for precision headshots, it's designed to let you fight out from under a pile of zeds while laying down enough fire to save your team.

Kerosene- $350
1603919473603.png
Firebug
Weight: 2
This variant of C4 is a firebug exclusive. The fuel can does not stick to zeds when thrown. Once the fuel can hits the ground, a pool of fuel begins spreading out around it over the next 5 sec. Once a pool has expanded it will remain as long as mine reconstructor mines do. You may use ADS with Kerosene equipped to ignite the fuel cans from afar, or shoot them with flaming weapons. When a fuel can detonates it causes small explosive damage and creates ground fires whose size is based on how long the pool spread before ignition.

This simply adds some counterplay to an already great class. But the ability to place traps is extremely useful on higher difficulty.

I may come up with some more, but honestly I'd love to hear what everyone has to say about these.

Attachments

• 1603917502067.png
    1603917502067.png
    258.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 1603919403643.png
    1603919403643.png
    337.1 KB · Views: 2
Mossberg 185k 20g bolt action shotgun- $950
1603936965250.png
Support/Survivalist
Weight: 7
This 16 gauge shotgun stores 3 shells internally and it has two separate reload keys. Reload, and alt fires both have the function of spending one ammo from your pool to load one shell. That shell has different properties depending on what you pressed to load it.
-Reload loads a medium damage slug round capable of long range headshots.
-Alt Fire loads birdshot which fires a huge spread and quantity of low damage, low penetration cryogenic birdshot that slows zeds.

Upvote 0
I would really like the FAMAS and MK4 to be included, there are actually some modded weapons for Commando and SWAT:
SMG Weapon Pack (includes UZI MK.2)
AR Weapon Pack (includes FAMAS)
These weapons are really balanced and imo should be included in the game just like they did with some weapons in KF1.

Upvote 0
I'm always digging those suggestions topics, even more so when they got pictures and explanations! So let's explore that :

-Circut Judge .410 : I would want that for the looks alone. It's so damn cool ! But let's be honest, making a support/sharp crossperked weapon sounds bloody difficult... Because the perks are almost polar opposites. I dooo feel like that gun would suit the gunslinger better (but then, he would get YET ANOTHER gun that the sharp also uses... Not something I truly want). So yeah, I don't know if it makes sense functionally, because I do think the support should stay "up close and personal" (even though he can reliably dispatch zeds at medium ranges with the M4 for example). But at least, I dig the gun!

-Thompson Contender .50 Beowulf HE : Damn... Is that a real thing? It sounds so random ! But I really dig that one, both the idea and the function. I guess it would be some sort of middle ground between the HX-25 and the Kaboomstick. Maybe it would be more situational for the sharpie... I don't really see myself trading the .500 for the Thompson Contender. And even the great scope you mention is kind of a non-argument since you get the Crossbow for cheaper, a gun that can already headshot reliably as a T2. But versatility doesn't hurt, does it?

-Kal-Tec Pmr 30 .22 magnum : Again a gun that got me sold on looks alone. But sadly, I dooon't really see anything that would truly differentiate it from the G18? Admittedly, both versions (with the riot shield or without) are DLCs, but that would sit even less well with Tripwire (why would they put a free gun that does nearly the same as a DLC one?). Now I know that gun-nuts would rage at the idea of comparing vastly different guns IRL. But in Killing Floor? I'd say they really need to stand out more than a slight price change or mag size sadly.

-Baretta 93r 9mm : I'm getting MW2 flashbacks right there! It's actually impressive that we don't have a burst-firing pistol yet, considering we got a full-auto one for the 'slinger. I'm also (for once!) favorable regarding the crossperk. I believe the commando could definitely use a weapon like that. And all things considered... He doesn't really have a "back-up" gun, considering all of them weight 6kg (more or less). Definitely agreeing with that addition.

-Supressed FAMAS 5.56 w/ Single Shot 10g Shotgun : Well, your main selling point is exactly the reason why I wouldn't want that gun in the game! I expressed it a few times on the forums, but I'm not really fond of the fact that every perk is getting good at dealing with everything... And to me, having an underslug shotgun isn't nearly enough to make it a support gun. Can you imagine how ridiculous it would get with his massive penetration buff? Funnily enough, I think it should be a gun for... The survivalist. I believe he could (and should) get more guns that fit his "mix of everything" style of gameplay. But then, I believe the underslug shotgun should be weaker, but being able to hold 3-4 shells at once.

-Mk4 L2A3 smg : You guessed... I don't dig that weapon in the hands of the zerk either ! I'm already a strong contender AGAINST the teslauncher, so I would like that gun even less. I do like it in the hands of the SWAT, who's in dire need of a gun that really spices up his gameplay (the only that does it for the moment would be the G18+Riot Shield). I believe it should behave as the Mosin Nagant though, meaning that he can stab and parry...But keep his ADS. The SWAT having a skill that favors ADS as he can still move around freely.

-Kerosene : Well, if C4 proved anything is that people don't really care about tools and traps... Which is quite sad, but understandable. Their low price tag may seem attractive, but you're often better off purchasing a better gun or upgrading the one you got. Sure, there comes a point where you have so much money that you don't know what to do with it. But it usually comes in the latter waves (9 or 10),so why bother? Not to mention that the Firebug's weapons can almost always put groundfire anyway. Sure, you can "set them up", but considering you can already "snipe" with some guns (spitfires, incendiary rifle, MAC-10...), is it truly worth it? Sadly, I'd say no. Plus, long-range engagements are not that common in KF2... Zeds can often get closer in mere seconds.

Upvote 0
The Thompson Contender sounds and looks so cool, I don't think it would be neglected due to the crossbow because it'd be much lighter and doesn't need to be constantly reloaded, it'd be a nice middle ground weapon similar to that of the M14 where it has a good fire rate and a solid damage output. Plus on a demo would be neato since you can hold one of those instead of a HX25 grenade pistol as your secondary weapon.

I thought that if the Baretta would be on anyone, it'd be for the SWAT rather than the Commando, the idea of a three burst/high fire rate pistol as a fall back weapon on the SWAT would be so much fun, I only say SWAT over the Commando because it gives a nice foreground as to what weapons both perks bring; the Commando bringing the bigger, heavier ARs whilst the SWAT brings smaller, faster SMGs and machine pistols. But regardless a fantastic weapon I'd love to see and use.

For the suppressed FAMAS, that is getting SS/support cross-perk vibes; if it was something like the QBU-88 (A bullpup DMR) that would so work, combine that with the 45 degree side scope when you use the under-barrel.
download.jpg

Reactions: Wytchphyre
Upvote 0
So, I'm glad to see your replies!

A few points to respond to. The Pmr 30, the Baretta 93r and the Glock 18c are all different from each other in careful ways.

Glock 18c: low damage, switchable to full auto. High recoil. Full auto only in dual wield. (Gunslinger only)

Pmr 30: very low recoil, even lower damage, but a 30 round magazine, switchable to full auto. Single shot only in dual wield. Has Lazer sight like the M14. (SWAT/Gunslinger, as it was intended to feel like an SMG and a pistol fused

Baretta 93r: medium damage with high penetration and a 21 round magazine. Comes on 3 shot burst, switchable to full auto. Massive recoil penalty for dual wielding. (Commando/Gunslinger, as it's intended to be a pistol that feels like a rifle.)

As for being generally against perk swapping weapons.... That's a matter of taste. Personally I like finding a gun I dig, then realizing I can use it on a couple classes. Makes me warm up to classes I wouldn't have liked otherwise. But I also see the argument that it thins the uniqueness out. *shrug* honestly I was just trying to think like the tripwire design team.

I generally agree with most of your other thoughts. And I'm kinda upset with myself that I forgot the x-bow. So... Maybe the Beowulf is a double booked gun? My first instinct is to say, crank up the damage and price. Make it worthy of a $1300 tag?

Upvote 0
The Thompson Contender sounds and looks so cool, I don't think it would be neglected due to the crossbow because it'd be much lighter and doesn't need to be constantly reloaded, it'd be a nice middle ground weapon similar to that of the M14 where it has a good fire rate and a solid damage output. Plus on a demo would be neato since you can hold one of those instead of a HX25 grenade pistol as your secondary weapon.

I thought that if the Baretta would be on anyone, it'd be for the SWAT rather than the Commando, the idea of a three burst/high fire rate pistol as a fall back weapon on the SWAT would be so much fun, I only say SWAT over the Commando because it gives a nice foreground as to what weapons both perks bring; the Commando bringing the bigger, heavier ARs whilst the SWAT brings smaller, faster SMGs and machine pistols. But regardless a fantastic weapon I'd love to see and use.

For the suppressed FAMAS, that is getting SS/support cross-perk vibes; if it was something like the QBU-88 (A bullpup DMR) that would so work, combine that with the 45 degree side scope when you use the under-barrel.
View attachment 2335754
I really like your idea with the side scope.

There is a pump shotgun attachment for Ar15, it holds 3+1 rounds... That would make the alt fire a toggle rather than a trigger, and the design team couldn't reuse the grenade reload animation... But... I honestly think it would make a cooler weapon.

As to the idea that the Famas opens the support to do to much... That was the reason to have it fire frangible ammo. My idea was to make the rounds feel like tiny shotguns, and to make long range shots inefficient but not quite impossible.

However, the idea that I could have a tactical rifle capable of 3 round burst and a few shot shells on tap without switching weapons is kinda awesome. I like that better than my original idea.

Upvote 0

View attachment 2335754
Well... Then I guess the Thompson Contender could theoretically be a free alternative to the Mosin-Nagant, considering it's already somewhat a middle ground between the raw power of the Crossbow (or Railgun) and the RoF and extra shots of the M14? But even then, I could argue that the Centerfire is already filling up that niche. I don't know, I guess I would need to see it in action to convince me of its perks. As for the demolitionist however, I'm totally sold !

What you're saying about the difference between SWAT and Commando is definitely fair and sound. I mean... Judging by how I defended the differences between Sharp' and Gunslinger this afternoon, I can only agree! But I do still believe that we could give the Commando some kind of sidearm. Maybe not a PM, hence why I thought the burst-firing option would have made sense (considering the Varmint Rifle cannot be used full-auto, it made sense to give the perk another, low-tier weapon that could be used as a lightweight alt weapon). But one could also think about a smaller, compact assault rifle... Or just one with a small caliber? I'm not gun-nut enough to know which one, but I guess it should exist.

I stand my ground for the underslung shotgun, but I would love to have a 45 degree side-scope nonetheless ! Such a fancy attachment should definitely be part of a weapon, just for cool factor.

As for your answer @Wytchphyre, I don't have much to say except that I'm flattered ! I'm definitely crossing my fingers to get such a gun at some point. Although the commando got his hands on the minigun lately (and the support is getting a DLC weapon with the next patch as well), I believe it's been a while since these two got a real, proper weapon. Maybe this could do the trick?

Upvote 0
I actually thought of something similar as a T5 for the support ! But I guess the doomstick and its altfire is already kind of a punt gun...

Because paying 2000D for a gun that needs to reload after every shot seems kinda meh. At least if you're not the sharp !
I did recommend the 2 gauge punt gun years ago as a joke!
Imagine doing the boomstick shot jump with a punt gun, it will send you to space!

• Haha
Reactions: Aleflippy
Upvote 0